Framerate problems

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Jim200, Aug 12, 2009.

Aug 12, 2009

Framerate problems by Jim200 at 8:39 PM (1,878 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Jim200
    OP

Jim200 Newbie

3gigDDR2 RAM Core2Duo 2GHz something like 1500mhz FSB and 2mbL2cache 320mb video RAM (yes it's shared laptop but still more than DS) and HD sound.

So howcome framerate is an issue? I stop all other programs from running and still 'skip no frames' or 'skip 1 frame' or 'auto' still makes the game twitchy.

Please help, thanks.

2. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    What emulator are you running? The best on is No$GBA as it runs games and sound and a smooth rate.

3. Jim200
    OP

Jim200 Newbie

Oh I'm sorry, i use IDEAS.

UGH, If I have to get the emulator you mentioned it'd be a pain since i made so many folders and got plugins just for IDEAS. But hey, if you're right, I won't mind it.

Does that one need plugins too? I think all DS emus do due to updates/modularity.

4. shinnyuuya

Member shinnyuuya GBAtemp Fan

Indonesia
    No$GBA has come with internal plugins. u can change them on emulation setup menu

5. shadowkillerdrag

Member shadowkillerdrag GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yea No$GBA is a good one that i use.
    Try upgrading the graphics card if possible?
    the better the graphics card the easier it is to run the emu smoothly

6. Jim200
    OP

Jim200 Newbie

Hm thanks for the advice but currently my laptop will cost 200$ to get an upgraded video card on it.

I'll try No$GBA. How is it even recognizable as a DS emulator though it doesn't say DS lol unless it's subliminal.

Anyway I'll try a raw version of it with normal settings and if it works I'll keep it.

Thanks again.

7. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Because it started out as just a GBA emulator. The author then expanded it to support the DS as well, and didn't bother creating an entirely new program for it.

8. Jim200
    OP

Jim200 Newbie

Thank you all for your replies of useful help, but I'm sorry to say that I have No$gba and it STILL runs very poorly especially on 3D games like Zelda Phantom Hourglass. I must have an extremely shitty video card.... is there no other way for me to run these games smoothly? A mod/change to No$GBA?

Thanks in advance.

9. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    IF your video card/PC isn't fast enough to handle it there's no way to mod it to make it better. That's as optimised as he managed to make it.

You probably need dedicated video hardware for DS emulation (I'm running off the fact that Project64 also requires this I believe)