Hacking Fragmentation error

DragonSky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
When I'm launching Alpha Sapphire I got this error.
I also tried first to dump my game Omega Ruby still the same result. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help problem solved.

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy all your ROMs to your PC, delete them from your MicroSD and drag them all back at once. That's how I always fix the fragmentation error.
(I'm pretty sure there are more elaborate posts than this one to be found which also include an explanation as to why this happens.)

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fragmentation happens on the "tables" of the sd card as files keep getting copied moved deleted etc. To correct as eyCaRambA said...copy all the data from the SD card to the PC. Then copy back. Some say copy back one at a time but I've never had to do this. Another thing you can do is format your SD card after you removed everything from it.

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Surely if it's fragmented you could simply 'defragment' it using a tool (windows has it's own disk defrag tool, though I'm not sure on it's capabilities of external devices)

That sounds like it would work in my opinion? But then again, I've not much of an idea of how it could happen.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Surely if it's fragmented you could simply 'defragment' it using a tool (windows has it's own disk defrag tool, though I'm not sure on it's capabilities of external devices)

That sounds like it would work in my opinion? But then again, I've not much of an idea of how it could happen.

erase the entire thing and copy the stuff again is more effective..
defragmentation tools are never recomended to use on flash memory, it will make the memory die sooner...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1