Fragile Dreams, Configurable USB Loader crash

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Louis Cypher, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Louis Cypher
    OP

Louis Cypher Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2010
    United States
    Hey folks,

I started playing Fragile Dreams last night, and I'm enjoying it. I'm running it off of Configurable USB Loader v70r65, and installed it from my own personal copy. Everything was going swimmingly until about two hours into the game, when the system hard-locks during an anime cutscene. The video stops, controls don't respond, and I have to force-reboot the system in order to get control back. Interestingly though, the subtitles continue to display.

I did a bit of google research, and this thread on Wiihacks is the only info I've been able to turn up on this particular issue. I tried the suggestions mentioned in the thread, but without success.

A bit of info about my setup:
    -I'm specifically running CUSBL off of a softmodded Wii U vWii, though I seem to recall encountering this problem back when the game was first released on my regular Wii. I don't remember what I did to fix it, or if I even did fix it.
    -CUSB reports that IOS222, 223, 224, 245, 246, 247, and 248 are not installed. It also reports 249/250/251 as Base 56/57/58 d2x v10beta52-vWii (r21010) respectively.
    -The hard drive the game is stored on is powered by an external power supply.

I can confirm that the game, when run off of my USB hard drive, still crashes with the original disk in the drive. I can further confirm that the video plays correctly when I boot the game normally through the Disc Channel.

Now, I *could* just run the game off the disc, but where's the fun in that? :) Does anyone have any tips for getting this to run correctly?

(Just to further test a bit, I can confirm that the same lockup happens with Wiiflow as well.)

Cheers folks!

2. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2011
    I beat this game entirely via d2x and had no issues.
    I would guess it is a bad dump; dump it again possibly with Cleanrip and choose the "verify" option to make sure you have a proper rip.

3. Louis Cypher
    OP

Louis Cypher Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2010
    United States
    Yeah, bad rip. Reripped via CUSBL and it works fine. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'd encountered this with Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law as well (again, ripped from my own copy.) I think it might be time to replace the drive.

4. Leo Alves

Leo Alves GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2012
    Brazil
    I ripped all my original games with CFG Usb Loader too, but i noticed that the files get really fragmented, if you continue to experience problems, try to make a quick defrag on the Game file, some softwares like Auslogics Disk Defrag for Windows works great

5. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    Count me as another that had no problems running this game from CFG with d2x.

Maybe try ripping with CleanRip.