Four Swords DSiware question

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by ramidavis, Sep 20, 2011.

Sep 20, 2011

Four Swords DSiware question by ramidavis at 6:19 AM (1,194 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. ramidavis
    OP

Newcomer ramidavis Advanced Member

United States
    I am still a bit confused here. The game becomes available September 28, until February 2012, right? Then what? It is going to be like Photo Dojo, and get re-listed with a price? Or it is just gone for good after that??

2. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Nobody knows, they have not said yet. they have just said it's "available until" said date, which infers that it would be taken down. But like I said, nobody knows for sure.

3. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    It will be interesting, though, to see how they proceed (or not) with GBA VC on this system. On the one hand, Nintendo says they have no future plans for GBA VC to be sold on 3DS, but the most recent issue of Nintendo Power says GBA VC has been confirmed (and they weren't referring to the Ambassador's Program). Now, that could simply be misinformation on their part, or perhaps they just misspoke, but something tells me if Nintendo can put GBA games on 3DS (which obviously they can), they'll gladly sell them to us. Considering this Four Swords deal is being spruced up with some single-player content, I'm inclined to believe they'll want to make up the cost later down the road.

4. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Nintendo isn't going to throw money away... they won't simply remove it, that would be a very stupid business move... Just like any other "limited" free item Nintendo's ever released on it's download service, it will simply be relisted with a price attached. Probably in the $5-8 dollar range to match their 3D classics lineup.

5. tigris

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    3DS. It prints money. So koji's point is valid.

6. huh123

Newcomer huh123 Newbie

Yugoslavia
    They did announce that some of the games will not be on sale after this promotion. Of course, things change in time.

7. chauffler

Banned chauffler Banned

United States
    just a fun fact the zelda 25th anniversary ends on the 29th of Feburary but no one actually knows if it will be up or not but its a pretty fun game so hopefully they'll keep it up

8. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    just wish this was not a couch buddies games...

9. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    They said they had no plans to release the 10 ambassador titles I believe. They'll release different titles.