Hacking forwarder channel only for Configurable USB Loader

bnm81002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the forwarder channels that are posted in the 1st page in the Configurable USB Loader thread conflicts with the Ultimate USB Loader 7.4, it loads the Ultimate Loader and not the Configurable Loader, is there a forwarder channel that works only for the Configurable Loader? thanks

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
The forwarder will automatically boot the boot.dol that is in the "usbloader" folder on the sd card in the apps folder.
Simply rename the folder with Configurable Loader to usbloader and change the one you had with Ultimate loader to anything but "usbloader"

bnm81002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djda said:
The forwarder will automatically boot the boot.dol that is in the "usbloader" folder on the sd card in the apps folder.
Simply rename the folder with Configurable Loader to usbloader and change the one you had with Ultimate loader to anything but "usbloader"

now the 2 channels loads the Configurable Loader, is there a way to edit the forwarder channel?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
djda said:

now the 2 channels loads the Configurable Loader, is there a way to edit the forwarder channel?
You need two completely different channel/forwarders that point to different folders within the apps folder. Some point to sd:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol, others point to sd:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol, so you just have to track down different forwarders, and name each loader's folder accordingly to boot them separtate from each other.

bnm81002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
bnm81002 said:
djda said:

You need two completely different channel/forwarders that point to different folders within the apps folder. Some point to sd:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol, others point to sd:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol, so you just have to track down different forwarders, and name each loader's folder accordingly to boot them separate from each other.

any ideas where I can find these forwarder channels? thanks

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
dsfanatic5 said:
bnm81002 said:
djda said:

You need two completely different channel/forwarders that point to different folders within the apps folder. Some point to sd:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol, others point to sd:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol, so you just have to track down different forwarders, and name each loader's folder accordingly to boot them separate from each other.

any ideas where I can find these forwarder channels? thanks
I was going to tell you to do a Google search, but I tried myself, and I couldn't even find the forwarders I have. So, being the nice guy I am, I zipped and re-uploaded them just for you. Credit goes to the original creators. I simply cannot remember where I got them.

This forwarder is non-animated, and looks for the folder "usbloader" (example- sd:/apps/usbloader)
USBL_Forwarder_Channel_Blue

This forwarder is animated, and looks for the folder "usb-loader" (example- sd:/apps/usb-loader)
Game-Loader-USBL

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
dsfanatic5 said:
I was going to tell you to do a Google search, but I tried myself, and I couldn't even find the forwarders I have. So, being the nice guy I am, I zipped and re-uploaded them just for you. Credit goes to the original creators. I simply cannot remember where I got them.

This forwarder is non-animated, and looks for the folder "usbloader" (example- sd:/apps/usbloader)

This forwarder is animated, and looks for the folder "usb-loader" (example- sd:/apps/usb-loader)
Game-Loader-USBL

Hmm, I guess if both forwarders use the same game id (USBL) they will just get installed one over the other?
I haven't tried it though.

bnm81002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
dsfanatic5 said:

Game-Loader-USBL

Hmm, I guess if both forwarders use the same game id (USBL) they will just get installed one over the other?
I haven't tried it though.

yeah it does as explained by "djda" above, the channel looks for the boot.dol with "usbloader" folder in it, so if there is a channel that looks for something other than "usbloader" folder it will work, hopefully the "usb-loader" channel will work that "dsfanatic5" provided, thanks for all the help guys

bnm81002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:

Game-Loader-USBL

thanks it worked, got the Ultimate Loader on 1 channel with usbloader folder but not the one you posted, and the Configurable Loader with usb-loader folder with the channel that you linked, thank you very much

kingtuk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is another forwarder you can specify from where to load the dol or elf file.

http://wadder.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3...36&start=40

THE WAD
-------
The wad already contains the dol.

THE DOL
-------
* This dol will look for the file SD:/forwarder/usbloader.cfg

* If the dol finds usbloader.cfg then it will load boot.dol from the folder specified in the .cfg file.

* If the dol does not find the cfg file then it will load SD:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol

Note: If boot.dol isn't found at any point, it will also try boot.elf.

Basically,
* If you want it to load SD:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol (or elf) just use the forwarder dol/wad.
You can delete the .cfg file, but it won't do any harm if you leave it there.

* If you want it to load a different dol then edit SD:/forwarder/usbloader.cfg .

korn16ftl3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm apparently wadder is shut down.... wich sucks cuz im looking for a channel forwarder to make cfg loader launch right off the USB drive that i have it on any ideas ?

o wow seems im reserecting a new thread..... sorry this is the thread i found in my search so ya i posted in it so umm ya if its a bad idea to post in a thread this old say somthin and ill fix er up
tongue.gif

mayu29

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
pepxl said:
im not sure they work now due to CFG's changes, plus that forwarder is outdated now IMHO

and you will update the forwarder please because I like the Grey Matter theme and that forwarder was perfect for it?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
mayu29 said:
pepxl said:
im not sure they work now due to CFG's changes, plus that forwarder is outdated now IMHO

and you will update the forwarder please because I like the Grey Matter theme and that forwarder was perfect for it?

huh

the forwarder looks the same just has no arguments as they arnt really needed now because CFG come in 2 version 222 and 249 but can still use different cIOS with each

http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-us...t&p=2420653

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: