• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Formula 1

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That´s what I meant,Amanda - first "Hey Russia,thank you for your Money !!
...and then "Cancel all..."

Fucking Hypocrites....
I really don't feel sorry for Hass they were warned by everyone last year not to take Russian money but they did. If the team ends up bankrupt it won't be any great loss especially with Andretti Racing wanting to get into Formula 1.

Edit. Looks like Andretti is making moves to buy the Haas Team.

Screenshot_20220225-200743_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Really cool,how this so advanced and omniscient high-tech company Formula 1 has once again messed everything up with their great, new changes to the regulations....

https://www.motorsport-magazin.com/...ussell-lando-norris-2022-slipstream-bouncing/

Norris and Russell: slipstream suddenly less efficient

The new generation of Formula 1 racing cars had already created a side effect with the bouncing that occurred on the straights, which came as a surprise to many teams.
But that's not all. Because George Russell and Lando Norris explain that the new cars should make it easier to follow the car in front in the curves, but at the same time it should have become more difficult to get closer to the car in front on the straights. "I think that following the car in front has been improved, but the slipstream effect has been reduced, which I think is quite significant," Russell said in a press conference on Friday at Barcelona testing.

"Of course you need a delta on the straights to be able to overtake. Because you can only overtake at the end of the straight when entering the corner," the Mercedes driver goes into detail.
The Brit tried to get close to Lando Norris on the straight, but it reportedly didn't work so well. The cause of this problem lies in the new technical regulations. This has ensured that the cars are aerodynamically less complex and, among other things, less air turbulence is generated.
As a result, the cars create less air resistance. This is tantamount to producing fewer slipstreams. In the past, this air turbulence on the straights also created a zone of lower pressure behind the car. Cars driving behind were able to suck themselves up to the vehicle in front and start an overtaking manoeuvre. However, since the new cars generate less air turbulence, the effect could be weaker, which would also explain this.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I am not a Fan of Maze(s)pin but that is ridicoulus.....

Politics should never,never judge about an Athlet....what Kind of Bullshit is that ?
What´s next ? Ban all Austrian and German Drivers,because of causing "World War II" ?

Bullshit ! What a Bunch of Hypocrites !

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not a Fan of Maze(s)pin but that is ridicoulus.....

Politics should never,never judge about an Athlet....what Kind of Bullshit is that ?
What´s next ? Ban all Austrian and German Drivers,because of causing "World War II" ?

Bullshit ! What a Bunch of Hypocrites !
Whilst I don't agree with banning him I get why the FIA would do so because for 1 he presents a HUGE security risk. I can quite easily see a nutter trying to kill him simply for being Russian. And secondly with pretty much every other sport banning Russians from competing it would be a terrible publicity disaster for the FIA to not do the same.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Whilst I don't agree with banning him I get why the FIA would do so because for 1 he presents a HUGE security risk. I can quite easily see a nutter trying to kill him simply for being Russian. And secondly with pretty much every other sport banning Russians from competing it would be a terrible publicity disaster for the FIA to not do the same.
Yeah,actual they ban ALL russian Sports/Athletes....very intelligent.....

Remember,some "maybe" live from the Sport they Practice.....

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah,actual they ban ALL russian Sports/Athletes....very intelligent.....

Remember,some "maybe" live from the Sport they Practice.....
Like I said I don't disagree with you but can see why such a decision would be made.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the FIA has made a decision and Mazepin can race as a neutral driver which is fine the big problem he has is that there has been a ban placed on any team having Russian sponsorship so without daddy to pay for him to be at Haas he is pretty fucked. Plus he would be unable to complete at this years British GP as the British government has banned all Russians from taking part in sport in the UK.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
[...] there has been a ban placed on any team having Russian sponsorship [...]
afaik, there has not been a ban specifically, it's just that as a title sponsor, Uralkali would need to be able to participate in financial markets and with most of the western countries cuttin russia off the financial market the company (with Dmitry Mazepin having close ties to Vladimir Putin) simply does not have the means to uphold their part of the sponsorship contract.

Haas is most likely going to find a different sponsor. With the Uralkali sponsorship being the main factor for Nikita Mazepin's seat, it is very likely we will not see him compete in F1 this season or in the near future.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
afaik, there has not been a ban specifically, it's just that as a title sponsor, Uralkali would need to be able to participate in financial markets and with most of the western countries cuttin russia off the financial market the company (with Dmitry Mazepin having close ties to Vladimir Putin) simply does not have the means to uphold their part of the sponsorship contract.

Haas is most likely going to find a different sponsor. With the Uralkali sponsorship being the main factor for Nikita Mazepin's seat, it is very likely we will not see him compete in F1 this season or in the near future.
After further investigation you are right in regards the rules but what with the FIA saying the following

No Russian/Belarusian national symbols, colours, flags (uniform, equipment and car)- should be displayed or anthems should be played at international/zone competitions, until further notice.

It pretty much has banned Uralkali without actually saying they are banned due to the fact that Uralkali's logo is basically a Russian flag this would prove a huge problem for Haas to get around as Uralkali has paid a shit load of money to have their Name and more importantly their logo on the car. Haas are left with no option to find another sponsor and for that matter driver and as much as I dislike Mazepin I do actually feel bad for him in this situation.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After further investigation you are right in regards the rules but what with the FIA saying the following

No Russian/Belarusian national symbols, colours, flags (uniform, equipment and car)- should be displayed or anthems should be played at international/zone competitions, until further notice.

It pretty much has banned Uralkali without actually saying they are banned due to the fact that Uralkali's logo is basically a Russian flag this would prove a huge problem for Haas to get around as Uralkali has paid a shit load of money to have their Name and more importantly their logo on the car. Haas are left with no option to find another sponsor and for that matter driver and as much as I dislike Mazepin I do actually feel bad for him in this situation.
F1 drivers have not been allowed to compete under the russian flag last year, either. Mazepin competed under the RAF (Russian automotive federation, IIRC) with a white flag and would have done so this year as well, I believe. The white/blue/red livery has sparked controversy last year already and was ultimately ruled to *NOT* be a stylized russian flag. Let's not forget that those three colors are also patriocized US colors ("the red white and blue").

That being said, Haas has in my eyes unvoluntarily confirmed the livery to always intentionaly resmbling a russian flag when they decided to run a "neutral" livery without the blue stripe in the pre-season testing - they could have just dropped the uralkali logo, after all 1&1 is also blue.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Also a Reason to get rid of an "unwanted" Driver......

Punishing athletes (Mazepin is not the only one) because the world situation is like this at the moment.....that's so stupid...and frankly also discriminatory....

Sport should be Sport...and not Political.....for the Athletes....
To cancel Locations/Events is maybe ok (but before,the Money from Russia was "goooood"....)

Mankind has really nothing learned from Summer 1980 and 1984.....stupid Humans...

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
......some Drivers have "strange" Thought Processes and Impulses at the Moment...

ttps://www.motorsport-magazin.com/formel1/news-275954-formel-1-lewis-hamilton-will-seinen-namen-aendern/

Lewis Hamilton has been in Formula 1 for 16 years. In that time he has rewritten the premier class record books in grand style with seven world titles and 103 GP wins.
In recent years, the Mercedes driver has also invested a lot of time in campaigns against racism and for equality. Now he is in the process of enforcing a personal request.
Because the Formula 1 vice world champion officially wants to change his name. To also give credit to the maternal side of his lineage, Hamilton plans to take his mother's surname.
Lewis Hamilton wants a new name: That's how it came about Hamilton announced this at an event hosted by Mercedes sponsor Petronas as part of the world exhibition that is currently taking place in Dubai. "I don't quite understand the idea that when people get married, the woman loses her name," Hamilton said.
That's why he now wants to set an example and have his mother's family name attached to his birth name. "I really want my mother's name to remain associated with the Hamilton name," said the record winner, adding: "I am very proud of my family name Hamilton, but in fact none of you would know that my mother's name is Larbalestier ' he claimed to the Expo audience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden signed a income contract just so you can keep sending me the mutated things that you do
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That just look right with food coloring liquid running down it
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Muhahahaha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Blue omelette
    +1
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    im gonna puke
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Laughing face + 2
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Laughing face + 2