Hardware Formatting the SD card.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I heard most people need to format their SD cards in their 3DSes so they dont crash in the middle of gameplay. Before I do this can someone explain how FAT32 is better than regular FAT.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
RemixDeluxe said:
From what I heard most people need to format their SD cards in their 3DSes so they dont crash in the middle of gameplay. Before I do this can someone explain how FAT32 is better than regular FAT.

I havent formatted it and I don't have any problems. Don't have heard of it either.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
RemixDeluxe said:
fat32 allows for larger sd cards.
I think >2gb needs to be fat32.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Nollog said:
RemixDeluxe said:
Before I do this can someone explain how FAT32 is better than regular FAT.
fat32 allows for larger sd cards.I think >2gb needs to be fat32.
As mentioned, this is true... also IF you use 'proper' formatting software (like the Panasonic formatter) you are unable to format >2Gb to 'just FAT' anyway IIRC

More 'info' about the differences/Advantages/Disadvantages avaliable here (but it's a bit technical IMHO)

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I just wanna know is it necessary at all to change the format on the SD that comes with the 3DS? Will it make the system run more smoothly?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The black error screens seem to be more attributed to having your wifi on, rather than formatting the SD card. I don't know what the real cause is, but I started turning my wifi switch off when I go to play a game, and I haven't had any crashes since. Before that, I was getting a crash almost every day, but powering down always fixed the problem. Still annoying though, but hopefully fixed in the next update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill