Formatting the Micro SD and the Paper Trick

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Inunah, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Inunah
    OP

Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    Okay, so I was having problems with my R4 being detected by my DS. I finally gave in and tried the paper trick. It works WONDERS. I haven't seen my R4 work this good since I first got it.

But I have a question.

Last time I couldn't get my R4 to be detected so much, I ended up having to reformat my Micro SD card out of frustration. After that, it worked 100% well. The R4 was detected 100% of the time after that... But that detection percent began going downhill after a while.

Why did that fix my detection problems as well as the paper trick?

2. elmoreas

elmoreas GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2009
    United States
    If you are seriously having that many problems with your R4 then you need to invest in a new card. I suggest the SCDSTWO or ACEKARD 2i but thats IMO.

3. twiztidsinz

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Paper trick works by pushing the contacts of the card a bit more against the pins of the DS.

The formatting was probably just "luck". My R4 worked flawlessly 100% of the time before I got my AceKard2i, so I'm not sure if it was the AK2i or not having it plugged in for a while or what, but about 2 months after using the AK2i exclusively the R4 wouldn't detect 9 times out of 10. After I played around and put Moonshell as the default 'OS' and used Xenon++'s R4loader to launch the games through WoodR4, the R4 works 9 times out of 10.

4. Inunah
    OP

Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    My mom's R4 has no problems. XD That's the ironic part.

And I needed to format the Micro SD about twelve times since I got it. The first time was about a week or less after I got it. The last was a few months ago.

Ever since I got Wood R4, the micro SD hasn't been needed to be reformatted.

Weird. [​IMG]

Also, I can't afford a different card right now. We're extremely tight on money. [​IMG]
    Also, my parents won't buy me another flash cart because my R4 isn't broken or anything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice