Hacking Formatting Emunand

bartbass

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi guys, I've been trying to find the answer for the past day since my gateway arrived and the whole 9.6 fiasco.

I realized that if I were to do the usual method, the emunand will be updated to 9.6. The question is it possible to set up emunand 9.0-9.5? If so, how? I am on firmware 4.5U and have not done anything emunand related. I would appreciate the help.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format emunand like the manual instructs, just don't updated it online. The easiest way to update it is through a retail cart. 3ds.essh.co lists all the carts and the firmware it contains. See what you have or can borrow.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can update using a ROM by holding UP while booting GW mode. Codename Steam has 9.4 (for US consoles, not sure about any other)

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would need to create the new EmuNAND from your current system then use a untrimmed Rom to update to 9.0-9.2. I don't have the link here but I believe it was mentioned in the ongoing 9.6 update thread what games had the updates you could use. There was also steps for upgrading via cia

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on guys, you are suggesting risky advanced methods to a new owner.

OP, there are lots of ways to skin this cat, a retail cart is the safest and easiest. If you choose one of the alternate methods do your research and understand the risks. Unless you dump the rom yourself you can't be certain it is untrimmed.

bartbass

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Would an untrimmed rom mean certain doom? Or a way to check if a rom is untrimmed like a checksum maybe?

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on guys, you are suggesting risky advanced methods to a new owner.

OP, there are lots of ways to skin this cat, a retail cart is the safest and easiest. If you choose one of the alternate methods do your research and understand the risks. Unless you dump the rom yourself you can't be certain it is untrimmed.

Sure you can, it won't prompt you to update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse