Homebrew Formatted but still hacked 3ds

pendr4gon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi everyone, i need your help. I hacked my 3ds about a year ago, with luna3ds. I think it was 11.3 when i hacked it. Then i updated my 3ds and i was unable to play emulated games like gba and snes games. But i was able to install cia games. Then i got a r4 card, but it didnt work. And i thought that it was because of my 3ds. Then i formatted it, and i thought that luna3ds is gone and i can play ds games with my new r4 card. But it didnt work either. And both fbi and homebrew were gone. But i still could see that luna3ds settings screen, idk what to call it. How can i get back my old 3ds? I have nothing in my 3ds now, no fbi or no homebrew, no soundhax etc etc. Please, i need your help.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, i need your help. I hacked my 3ds about a year ago, with luna3ds. I think it was 11.3 when i hacked it. Then i updated my 3ds and i was unable to play emulated games like gba and snes games. But i was able to install cia games. Then i got a r4 card, but it didnt work. And i thought that it was because of my 3ds. Then i formatted it, and i thought that luna3ds is gone and i can play ds games with my new r4 card. But it didnt work either. And both fbi and homebrew were gone. But i still could see that luna3ds settings screen, idk what to call it. How can i get back my old 3ds? I have nothing in my 3ds now, no fbi or no homebrew, no soundhax etc etc. Please, i need your help.
Restoring a NAND backup would be the ideal solution. What do you mean you were "unable to play emulated games"? Are you talking about using an actual emulator on the console or VC injects as installs? Also, you can't get rid of CFW by formatting your system, all you did was basically uninstall everything. Your game saves for digital titles will be gone, and you can't get them back if you had the SD card in the console when you formatted.

Are you running A9LH or Boot9Strap? 11.3 is when the great merge happened so it could be either or honestly depending on WHEN you hacked your system. If you have A9LH, follow 3ds.guide to convert to Boot9Strap and you'll have the basics back by the end (FBI, HomeBrew, Anemone etc). If you already have Boot9Strap then you need to use Rosalina to access HomeBrew then use the HomeBrew version of FBI to install the .CIA version of the same.

Other than that I can't give you anymore "general troubleshooting" until I know where your system stands. Please reply.

pendr4gon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Restoring a NAND backup would be the ideal solution. What do you mean you were "unable to play emulated games"? Are you talking about using an actual emulator on the console or VC injects as installs? Also, you can't get rid of CFW by formatting your system, all you did was basically uninstall everything. Your game saves for digital titles will be gone, and you can't get them back if you had the SD card in the console when you formatted.

Are you running A9LH or Boot9Strap? 11.3 is when the great merge happened so it could be either or honestly depending on WHEN you hacked your system. If you have A9LH, follow 3ds.guide to convert to Boot9Strap and you'll have the basics back by the end (FBI, HomeBrew, Anemone etc). If you already have Boot9Strap then you need to use Rosalina to access HomeBrew then use the HomeBrew version of FBI to install the .CIA version of the same.

Other than that I can't give you anymore "general troubleshooting" until I know where your system stands. Please reply.
Thank you a lot. I will try what you said, i hope i can do it.
By the way, I mean I installed some old console games as cia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it