Forcing PAL on a GameCube Game

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LeonardoGolden, Apr 15, 2011.

Apr 15, 2011
  1. LeonardoGolden
    OP

Member LeonardoGolden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I recently got Doshin the Giant for GameCube, and it works okay, except the bottom of the screen is cut off.
    This is a problem with the PAL signal being converted to NTSC, because when I used to play it with the backup loader, it would always force PAL and display the image correctly.

I have priiloader and, although I have the "Region Free GC Games" hack activated, it fails to recognize the signal format.

Is there any way to force a PAL disc to go into PAL mode from the disc channel?

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm using component cables, if it helps.

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    This is helpful and interesting that you TV can't detect the signal using the priiloader hack. Use NeoGamma and the recommended cMIOS to start the game. You can force the video mode in the gamecube options, if you need PAL you should try PAL50 or PAL60 and patch video to Normal. If it doesn't work change the patch video to more or all. There is no way from the disc channel so you need to do it with a backup loader.

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Edit: Sorry i missread your post. NeoGamma might help you with this, but i fear that it might require the crap cables. Another option might be setting your Wii to PAL, but i can't tell you how or if that's dangerous anymore.

4. LeonardoGolden
    OP

Member LeonardoGolden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, if there's really no way to get it to display its native resolution from the disc channel, I guess I'll have to live with the missing screen space.

It's not a big deal, but it bothers me a little bit.

Thanks anyway!