Hacking Force upgrade from backup disc

tswu8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is firmware 3.1j with only backup launcher 0.3g (no modchip). However, some new games (such as "Mario Power Tennis" ) seem require 3.2j firmware.

In this article, I know there is a way to downgrade from 3.3j or 3.4j to 3.2j. However, the Nintendo release 4.0 firmware which make 3.2 to 3.4 unavailabe from Internet.
Even in same article includes an icon to safe upgrade 3.3, but it did not state all three version 3.3j/3.3u/3.3e can be chosen. And I did not want to take risk to be bricked Wii.

Therefore, in order not to be bricked Wii, is any safe way to upgrade from 3.1j to 3.2j except through original disc?

For exmaple, if I found some backup disc includes 3.3j/3.4j inside (such as Mario Poweer Tennis), can I upgrade firmware from 3.1j to 3.2j with those backup disc? Because I don't have original disc at hand.

In default, the backup Launcher 0.3g will disable upgrade from DVD-R disc. Is any option setting backup launcher 0.3g to enable upgrade (e.g. disable bybass upgrade)?

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the fles in my signature

Just start from Step 8 if you already have the HBC installed. You can use the regular Wad Manager not the custom one.

tswu8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about follow another article? it seems the same as previous one except mention about upgrade from 3.1j

By the way, what is the "recovery mode" in the backup laucher 0.3g? Can it be used to force upgrade from disc?

tswu8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone knows how to enable "firmware update from backup discs" through disc channel or gamma launcher ? The default is disabled, how to enable it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la