Hacking Force NTSC with NTSC game on NTSC console

theman060606

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have searched extensively but can't a definitive answer. Will all NTSC games work using a loader channel which forces NTSC? I know it works for forcing PAL games on a NTSC wii, but I have read here that forcing NTSC with some PAL games does not work (hence my stack of PAL games which only produce a green or blank screen or produce the "an error has occurred" error). It appears that some games will not work when forcing the NTSC/PAL video mode. But does forcing NTSC on an NTSC game actually attempt to force the video mode or is the launcher smart enough to know that forcing in that instance is unnecessary? In my ideal world I'd like to use a launcher channel which forces NTSC on PAL games and still allows all NTSC games to work. Thanks.

theotherfreakygu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an autoboot Force NTSC launcher, and my NTSC games all worked fine with it. (Well, all the ones that worked w/o forcing NTSC, anyway).

Moon_child

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haruhi said:
I know it's off-topic and pointless, but I'm curious. Are there any NTSC games that work if set to force PAL?
Almost all work but you have to choose forcepal to play with colors.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, thanks. Now my very simple curiosity is satisfied.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...