For the Disc Loading Wii Gamer

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LightyKD, Apr 15, 2009.

Apr 15, 2009
  1. LightyKD
    OP

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    I know that there are still a decent amount of us still loading our backups from A) the disc channel or B) the backup loader but lets be honest, there are still a few things that need to be worked out first off, there are still a few games NOT loading from the Disc Channel properly on System Menu 4.0

Animal Crossing Wold World ...001 Error
    Mario Kart Wii ...001 Error
    Guitar Hero World Tour ...001 Error
    Castlevania Judgement ...001 Error

Furthermore I know some people still having issues getting region free loading to work from the disc channel if someone would be kind enough to post the Hacks.ini file for NTSC-U and PAL that would greatly appreciated. Also, and this is for my knowledge, do I need to use the hacks remover to nix the stuff i did with "StartPatch 4.0" to get hacks.ini to work or do I just drop the new hacks.ini file to my SD card and run with preloader?.

Hopefully we can keep this thread open and alive. I know that a lot of people are all over USB loading but there are still a good ammount of us who like our games in physical form and for those of you advocating USB loading, please dont come into the conversation with smart allic remarks. Not everybody wants to go with the flow.

2. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    Does anyone have the Hacks.ini for the new preloader for NTSC-U?

3. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Well if I can remember right the Region Free Hacks never worked on 3.2, and the error 001 is about the Wii or the Game detecting some anormal device..!! [​IMG]

4. Screemer

Member Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    001 can although occur if your wii is missing a needed ios.

5. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    Im on 4.0 with Cioscorp installed. I already did the install of CiosCorp 2 and ios 33,35,53,and 55 from CiosCorp and while it does help with House of the Dead Overkill and MadWorld it does not help with the games listed above and from what I read, Region Free loading is supposed to be working with a new Hacks.ini for the newest preloader. As for the 001 games I listed above that was just simply a list that I would like for someone with the same setup to test out for me.

6. MrBubbles

Member MrBubbles GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I was about to make this same thread. Guess system 4.0 and Cioscorp still haven't been fixed.

Well I'm still ok here with CIOSCORP 3.2

Eventually someone dedicated enough will fix these issues.

Specifically region free from disc channel on 4.00

7. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Why did you update to the new cioscorp while the games were running fine from the disc channel? Cioscorp has a 98% compatibility, only double layer discs and very very few games don't work with it. Correct me if i'm wrong.

About region free, you need to specify that. As far as i know both kinds of region free don't work from the disc channel, and patching to use japanese language doesn't work either. To get these features is very complicated and already achieved for loaders, so don't expect too many people doing it for the disc channel.

8. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You are using CIOS Corpv2. thats why the 001 error arrises. replace IOS 35 37 and 55 with the ones from the original CIOSCorp package and it should solve the issues.

9. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    OK What is it, do I replace with 33, 35, 53, 55 from original Corp pr is it 35, 37, 55 because Ive been doing the earlier like everyone has been hoopin and hollerin about.

10. wiiztec

Member wiiztec GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Holy shit Obama is against USB loading? ó_ò

11. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    lol I'm not against it. its just that my personal choice wouldn't be USB loading. I want a physical collection I can pass along to my daughter when she gets older. besides I love printing out disc labels and DVD covers. It makes the work more fulfilling [​IMG]

12. menage730

Member menage730 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ok cioscorp v2 is for dual layer support cioscorp v1 is what im using & all the above games boot with no problem im on 4.0u changing the mentioned ios does work for newer games but some of your older titles give you an 001 error thats why i use v1 no errors

13. MrBubbles

Member MrBubbles GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Eh? Starpatch is what people are using on 4.0 instead of Preloader to get region free and block updates.

Region free didn't work for me, wondering if Starpatch changed now.

14. phertiker

Newcomer phertiker Member

United States
    You are wrong, at least about the DL disc thing. I play my DL backup of SSBB from the disc channel just fine using cioscorp 2 with the various v1 IOS' splashed throughout, since v2 has the revision 8 dip patched. Wait, didn't you DO the patching?!

I also do not get error 001 when playing Mario Kart Wii from the disc channel on my 4.0 system... NTSC-U wii and NTSC game...

15. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    i still use disc channel loading for any games requiring usb devices anyone else?

16. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    What Ios files did you install from Corp 1 to get your Mario Kart to not 001 error? I have CiosCorp 2 installed but with Ios 33,35,53 and 55 from Corp 1 installed

17. WiiPower

Germany
    I was talking about cioscorp v1. You really only need the cIOS36 from cioscorp v2(for SSBB), the rest of the v2 cIOS causes trouble like the 001 errors. Don't know which IOS is used by mario kart, but if it's IOS36 too, it's a problem.

18. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    Hmmm... You might be on to something [​IMG] Just one question... Are your copies of "House of the Dead: Overkill" and "MadWorld" loading properly from the disc channel with your CiosCorp setup?

19. WiiPower

Germany
    Lol, i don't have cioscorp. Why mess up my nand when i can play everything i want without any problems? (and yes that statement is from before the usb loader)

Seriously, why cioscorp v2? I thought the guys who made it came within 6 hours to the conclusion that it's only good for SSBB and maybe other future double layer games.

20. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    Originally I was using CiosCorp1 but I kept having issues with my Brawl backup so i switched to CiosCorp2. I use it because of Brawl and disc channel loading, thats about it. The 001 errors arent as much of a pain as is the lack of Region Free loading. Ive read theres a Hacks.ini file for preloader that allows for region free loading, tried one file that was supplied in a thread but my preloader wouldnt pick up on it [​IMG]