Foo Fighters New Album

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Domination, Apr 2, 2011.

Apr 2, 2011

Foo Fighters New Album by Domination at 6:00 AM (1,105 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Domination
    OP

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Wasting Light

[​IMG]

It's the Foos newest album since Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace. It was recorded in Dave's garage with less advanced equipment, so it is more reminiscent of their older "rawer" days than the more mainstream Echoes. Really good and I love it to hell. Well every single Foos album is good. And also, Pat Smear rejoined the band. And Butch Vig and Krist Nosvelic are involved in the album too, kinda a small semi nirvana reunion.

The Foos have the whole album up for streaming on their site: http://wastinglight.foofighters.com/

And a few months ago they had the This Video Sucks campaign to allow fans to direct the Music Videos for the new album. Edit: I was wrong, I was under the impression that the 2 videos released were made by the TVS winners, but apparently it wasn't. Both were directed by Dave himself.

Two videos:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Fresh™

United States
    Oh man. I need to start paying more attention to music again. I love Foo, and had no idea a new album was out. Huge thanks for the heads-up!

3. HorseBox

Newcomer HorseBox Advanced Member

Australia
    I love Foo Fighters. White Limo is kickass [​IMG]

4. Domination
    OP

Singapore
    So little love for the Foos? C'mon, they have the whole album up for free streaming.

Their album is coming out tmr, April 12, in US so some of you might want to drop by the record store to buy it if you really liked it. (Supposedly out in some countries since April 8).

Also:
    http://www.foofighters.com/sg/news/foo-fig...uesday-april-12

5. Raichy

Newcomer Raichy Advanced Member

Czech Republic
    The NEW album is AWESOME! I think it's their best one yet! And the fact they released it for free early its fuckin' cool! I mean they were going to sell millions anyways but I sure fuckin' can't imagine Lady Gaga doing a move like this! I like especially the first half of the album the second is great too, but the first six songs are kick ass! I have been listening to it since April 1st - the day they put it out as a stream..and just today it arrived in my mail -- I love it!! [​IMG]

6. Raichy

Newcomer Raichy Advanced Member

Czech Republic
    Great!! Thnx for the link man! Here check this one out - http://theaudioperv.com/2011/04/03/foo-fig...our-324-videos/

7. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    They haven't released an album with as many great tracks in quite some time. Not a big fan of White Limo but otherwise the whole album is so good. It has classic Foo Fighters written all over it. I hear a lot of haters because Dave Grohl isn't playing drums on the album but I think Taylor Hawkins does a fine enough job at it to compensate for the lack of a monster on the kit that is Grohl. Not like he has given up playing drums either, he still plays in his other projects (Tenacious D albums both the past ones and the upcoming one, Queens of the Stone Age in the past and Them Crooked Vultures). I really love the new album though, a good mix of really heavy tunes along with some rock ballads so it's not completely boring, by far one of the best in a long time.

8. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Pretty big Foo Fighters fan. The first disc of In Your Honor (the "Hard" disc) is absolutely amazing. I can spend all day listening to every track on it. Their other albums are pretty good as well but In Your Honor takes the cake for me.

I'm downloading it now, I'll see how it is after some listening. I wasn't a huge fan of Echoes but it was still awesome.

9. boktor666

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    This reminded me of the fact that i still need to download it! I hope its good, cuz the Best off album wasn't really that good. (except some of the tracks, wich were classic and ownage).

10. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    The deluxe version has a remix of Rope by Deadmau5 which is sooooooo good, and I am not into the whole club type of music thing, but if he did more stuff like that and it became the norm at bars, I'd be out every weekend [​IMG]

11. Domination
    OP

Singapore
    Sorry for bumping but FF just released 3 of the videos for the This Video Sucks contest! There's one video for each track, there are 11 tracks, so there are 11 videos, which means we are left with 8 more. But those with access to FUSE TV might have seen them all already during that FF takeover day.

Nonetheless
    This Video Sucks Videos

By the way, I'm really loving the album. It really grew on me. My favourite Foos album to date(One of my favourite albums for that matter). I listen to it everyday.