Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Wasting Light

foo-fighters-wasting-light2-1024x1024-300x300.jpg

It's the Foos newest album since Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace. It was recorded in Dave's garage with less advanced equipment, so it is more reminiscent of their older "rawer" days than the more mainstream Echoes. Really good and I love it to hell. Well every single Foos album is good. And also, Pat Smear rejoined the band. And Butch Vig and Krist Nosvelic are involved in the album too, kinda a small semi nirvana reunion.

The Foos have the whole album up for streaming on their site: http://wastinglight.foofighters.com/

And a few months ago they had the This Video Sucks campaign to allow fans to direct the Music Videos for the new album. Edit: I was wrong, I was under the impression that the 2 videos released were made by the TVS winners, but apparently it wasn't. Both were directed by Dave himself.

Two videos:
[youtube]0Z3nBokjZyE[/youtube]
[youtube]kbpqZT_56Ns[/youtube]

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh man. I need to start paying more attention to music again. I love Foo, and had no idea a new album was out. Huge thanks for the heads-up!

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
So little love for the Foos? C'mon, they have the whole album up for free streaming.

Their album is coming out tmr, April 12, in US so some of you might want to drop by the record store to buy it if you really liked it. (Supposedly out in some countries since April 8).

Also:
http://www.foofighters.com/sg/news/foo-fig...uesday-april-12

Raichy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The NEW album is AWESOME! I think it's their best one yet! And the fact they released it for free early its fuckin' cool! I mean they were going to sell millions anyways but I sure fuckin' can't imagine Lady Gaga doing a move like this! I like especially the first half of the album the second is great too, but the first six songs are kick ass! I have been listening to it since April 1st - the day they put it out as a stream..and just today it arrived in my mail -- I love it!!
smile.gif

Raichy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They haven't released an album with as many great tracks in quite some time. Not a big fan of White Limo but otherwise the whole album is so good. It has classic Foo Fighters written all over it. I hear a lot of haters because Dave Grohl isn't playing drums on the album but I think Taylor Hawkins does a fine enough job at it to compensate for the lack of a monster on the kit that is Grohl. Not like he has given up playing drums either, he still plays in his other projects (Tenacious D albums both the past ones and the upcoming one, Queens of the Stone Age in the past and Them Crooked Vultures). I really love the new album though, a good mix of really heavy tunes along with some rock ballads so it's not completely boring, by far one of the best in a long time.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty big Foo Fighters fan. The first disc of In Your Honor (the "Hard" disc) is absolutely amazing. I can spend all day listening to every track on it. Their other albums are pretty good as well but In Your Honor takes the cake for me.

I'm downloading it now, I'll see how it is after some listening. I wasn't a huge fan of Echoes but it was still awesome.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This reminded me of the fact that i still need to download it! I hope its good, cuz the Best off album wasn't really that good. (except some of the tracks, wich were classic and ownage).

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The deluxe version has a remix of Rope by Deadmau5 which is sooooooo good, and I am not into the whole club type of music thing, but if he did more stuff like that and it became the norm at bars, I'd be out every weekend
tongue.gif

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Sorry for bumping but FF just released 3 of the videos for the This Video Sucks contest! There's one video for each track, there are 11 tracks, so there are 11 videos, which means we are left with 8 more. But those with access to FUSE TV might have seen them all already during that FF takeover day.

Nonetheless

1. Bridges Burning
[youtube]ZF6JPflxPHY[/youtube]

2. Rope
[youtube]nQbgcp7NExA[/youtube]

3. Dear Rosemary
[youtube]wP6itlB-lCw[/youtube]

By the way, I'm really loving the album. It really grew on me. My favourite Foos album to date(One of my favourite albums for that matter). I listen to it everyday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's worse is the dinosaur game popping up when the lotion comes out
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You use paper towels too? :rofl2:
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Better keep the safe place 'safe'
    Bounty. The quicker picker upper? lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aloe vera now with rgb
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: females don't exist