deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well understanding protein folding requires tons of calculations. Stanford alone can't do it.

Stanford actually HAS acknowledged people who were willing to help.

When some protein-related disease hits me (like Mad Cow disease -or vCJD on humans- since one mad cow was recently found in British Columbia) I'm sure my contribution to the research would give me a better chance of survival than taking Advil.

I have a fixed monthly electricity bill. No matter how much I use, it's not gonna affect me.
So I'm doing good for the humanity with no consequence on my behalf. (Well, my living room would be a little warmer)

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fischju said:
Hiratai said:
fischju said:
Hiratai said:
What's the point? I seriously doubt me playing some D-list game is going to help me cure cancer, at all. It's just there to be there.

Even worse than Urza, he actually knows a little about what he is talking about
It's like you're on your period, the way you follow me everywhere I go just to say something retarded.

Do you have some kind of amnesia that makes you experience events in reverse order? Not that you have enough culture to get that reference....
How is telling you that you are on your period have ANYTHING to do with amnesia. This is not remembrance, this is you. Choose not to be stupid.

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my folding box (folding for team 32) runs 24/7. over the years its gotten all my 6 month hand-me-downs from my main PC upgrades. So right now its a C2D E4400 @ 3.6ghz, 2gb ram and wxp. Runs in my bedroom, on a low footprint 300W supply. Have had a box folding since 2001.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
camx said:
my folding box (folding for team 32) runs 24/7. over the years its gotten all my 6 month hand-me-downs from my main PC upgrades. So right now its a C2D E4400 @ 3.6ghz, 2gb ram and wxp. Runs in my bedroom, on a low footprint 300W supply. Have had a box folding since 2001.

Link to your profile on extremeoverclocking? That must be some major WU/Points

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would turn it on more if it could run in the background when I'm on the PS3, and I fear the PS3 will overheat if I leave it on overnight.

But I did let it complete one folding
ohmy.gif

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haha i saw on the first page someone thought this was a game?! omg..

Also, to whoever said it won't benefit them so they won't do it. At least when you get Alzheimers you won't remember you said that.

i've read in forums that people have had this going since they got their PS3 at launch and they've had no problems.

I've never tried it yet I've only had my ps3 for a few weeks now. soon enough.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
One time I ran it for about 60 hours in a row (I played some games in between, but when I was not home it was doing F@H)
I was surprised to see that it wasn't having any trouble. That was during the Fall, I'm not planning to run F@H at all unless weather cools down.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't know they did it with the PS3. I wouldn't deliberately leave a console/computer on just to fold. I've always thought of it just as a good compromise for those people who flat-out refuse to turn their computers off; if it's going to chew energy it may as well do something useful while it's at it. But I'll admit that I don't know a lot about it, and might have a different view if I understood the cause. The maintainence would bother me too, I'm the kind of person who'll use something until it breaks so I don't have a lot of spare parts laying around. Add a PS3 back into the equation and you're looking at a repair nightmare.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That you'll only see once +2