Foam for the left JoyCon.

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Pippin666, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Pippin666
    OP

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    I work in a foam plant. Last week, the guy at the plant lab, analysed the foam wich is suppose to fix the bluetooth connectivity for the left JoyCon and it happears that one of the product we make here is almost the same. Our is simply darker because it uses more colorant and recycle material.

Do you people think I can sell some pieces on eBay and the likes ?

Pip'

2. tatumanu

tatumanu GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2004
    Portugal
    There are a few things to consider, the Switch just came out and everyone that has one has at least 1 year guaranty.

How many people were affected by this? I havenĀ“t had it happening to me yet.

I guess your market is people that don't or can't send it to Nintendo. I'm not sure if that's good enough but if there is an interest and your foam does the same job then i guess sure.

3. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    no i dont think you can.
    The part is free from nintendo plus they will take it apart and put it in for you.
    Most people wouldnt even want to take there joycon apart.

SO i doubt you would be able to sell any. If so the price would be so low it wouldnt be worth it to you. If the price was higher then it wouldnt sell. We are talking about less then $1 ship.

whateverg1012 likes this.
  4. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    I don't see there being a market. by now all newly manufacturerd Joy-cons have the foam in it, so you are left with the very first gen. Most people would either not have a problem or would just send it in to Nintendo for a free repair.

5. V0ltr0n

V0ltr0n GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Not to mention the fact that making/distributing things for a profit on the side when the source of the materials is your workplace can lead to termination at many companies.

6. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    There's a bit of foam inside the very same joycon you can remove and put on the antenna instead. It's in one of the youtube guides. Good luck.