Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Lockon Stratos

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well my 2 friends started worshipping this Flying Spaghetti Monster for fun and now I'm wondering who else worships this spaghetti bolognese?
tongue.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
The Purple Yak of Katmandu eats spaghetti monsters and poops my favorite candy, Necco Wafers, which he teleports to every store I frequent for my enjoyment.
Also, he can grow as big as he wants to be. You just can't beat that.
lecture.gif

Taza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I respect the pastafarians, but I have to admit I'm not quite aligned with them.

The divine being I respect the most is the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You guys are all going to Hell for your blasphemy. Unless you repent, you will not be saved by Him.

And by "Him," I'm talking about Mr. Snuffleupagus.
Muppet Wiki said:
His full name is Aloysius Snuffleupagus, although his friends call him Snuffy. His best friend is Big Bird, whom he affectionately calls simply "Bird." His favorite foods are cabbage and spaghetti. He has a little sister named Alice and a friend named Rosalyn.
You see, he eats your god for breakfast.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
And by "Him," I'm talking about Mr. Snuffleupagus.
Muppet Wiki said:
His full name is Aloysius Snuffleupagus, although his friends call him Snuffy. His best friend is Big Bird, whom he affectionately calls simply "Bird." His favorite foods are cabbage and spaghetti. He has a little sister named Alice and a friend named Rosalyn.
You see, he eats your god for breakfast.
All hail Snuffleupagus. He always was my favorite muppet.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
dinofan01 said:
Ahhh, the joy someone gets out of making fun of religion and religious beliefs.

hey man! don't be so insulting, you can't prove the FSM doesn't exist!

In fact this is the whole reason why the FSM exists, as a retaliation for the line "You can't prove my god doesn't exist, so don't say he isn't real". So a bunch of athiests made up the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I worship the Sun, but I do not pray to the Sun. You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. Joe Pesci doesn't fuck around.
218717~Joe-Pesci-Posters.jpg

Zesu-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RubberRoo said:
I'm Christian.

blink.gif
And?

I read up on these pastachamacalits a while back. They're just protesting the teaching of Creationism in school. They believe that if Creationism courses are to be offered to students, then so must classes about their spaghetti faith. They don't hate Christianity, they just want the system to be fair, so relax. They aren't insulting your religion.

As far as I know, anyway. But wikipedia could be wrong, and they could be a bunch of extremely arrogant atheists who REALLY ARE insulting your religion and think it's OK to refer to religious people as "idiots" or "inferior beings". But I like to hope that they're nicer than that.

Or maybe, just maybe, they all REALLY DO believe in a spaghetti monster god. And that's alright of course. There's nothing wrong with that in my book. After all, our BRAINS look like spaghetti.

Well those are my three theories. If an actual Pastafarian would like to tell me which of the above is true, I'd really appreciate that.

RubberRoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zesu-chan said:
RubberRoo said:
I'm Christian.

blink.gif
And?

I read up on these pastachamacalits a while back. They're just protesting the teaching of Creationism in school. They believe that if Creationism courses are to be offered to students, then so must classes about their spaghetti faith. They don't hate Christianity, they just want the system to be fair, so relax. They aren't insulting your religion.

As far as I know, anyway. But wikipedia could be wrong, and they could be a bunch of extremely arrogant atheists who REALLY ARE insulting your religion and think it's OK to refer to religious people as "idiots" or "inferior beings". But I like to hope that they're nicer than that.

Or maybe, just maybe, they all REALLY DO believe in a spaghetti monster god. And that's alright of course. There's nothing wrong with that in my book. After all, our BRAINS look like spaghetti.

Well those are my three theories. If an actual Pastafarian would like to tell me which of the above is true, I'd really appreciate that.

Oh no, I'm not actually Christian, that was a satirical post.
tongue.gif

But even though I'm not atheist, I can see where these pastachamacalits are coming from. I really dislike people who try to push their beliefs on to you, and when you try to use facts against religion, religion always pulls the "oh but you can't prove it doesnt!!!oneone" card and then you just want to punch them in the face, but then you're going to go to hell.

28439051573abe047f44ax2.jpg

Having your own set of beliefs is great. It's cool that religious people have something to look forward to after they die, and a set of rules to live by. I just want them to realize that not everybody believes what you believe.

But even past that, I don't think religion is false either. Religion does exist, except instead of physical evidence it relies on faith. Neither science nor religion is undeniable, and both exist, and you can't disprove either.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
By the same token, I wish athiests didn't try to push down our own beliefs with their own, which is there is no god (btw I'm christian, and no, I'm not being satrical!
tongue.gif
) Quite frankly, I'm all for people just believing whatever they want to and just letting people do there own thing. If people want to share their opinion, great! Please feel free, I'm all for more knowledge of other beliefs out there. However, don't force it upon me, because, I'm not budging from my own stance, and why should I?

It even says in the Bible (I can't remember where precisely, it's where Jesus sends out the 12 apostles to send out the message), but he basically says those who accept you into their house, tell them the word, and those who do not, do not. I've always interpreted this as "Tell those who want to listen, but those who don't want to know, don't impose it on them". I don't really know if other people share that same interpretation, though. So, who I am to question Jesus? If people want to listen, great, I'll tell them. If they don't, then I won't. Simple as.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)