Suggestion "Flood check" (cooldown between posts) for new users

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the recent spam attacks with new accounts being registered and quickly spamming all over the forum (in particular the blog section, but it happens outside too), a flood check needs to be implemented for new users. that is, when a new user makes a post, a new post can't be created for a certain amount of time like 30 seconds or 60 or something.

I think this would really slow down spammers before they can spread to multiple posts quickly, and legitimate new users most likely wouldn't post that many posts fast enough to activate the check.

apologies if this is already in place, I'm not aware of anything like that right now.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Yeah, plus, I also mentioned in another thread about some some sort of vetting that mods could do before the post could have any further replies to it when a new user registers to stop others replying to spam. I know it's more work for mods but other sites I know of use it and it works well.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I feel like it should be limited to a new post every five minutes. I hate to say it, but there aren't typically many reasons why a person just getting into the forum would need to post anywhere on here more often than that
I think 5 minutes is a bit too much (like someone actively getting help would probably post more than once every 5 minutes), I think 60 would be perfect since normal users wouldn't be hit by it as much. or 2 minutes or something.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I saw a comment 5mins ago about the al9h users. That guy abused abused & abused after I try to reply him his post was gone. I don't know what happened.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's system is already in place isn't it?
I've seen people complain about it. Its a couple of minutes iirc

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a comment 5mins ago about the al9h users. That guy abused abused & abused after I try to reply him his post was gone. I don't know what happened.
don't reply to or bump spam. don't want to increase visibility to it.
never seen it honestly.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never come up against it, but I don't post more frequently than like once every 90 seconds

But that's kind of what I'm saying, if that's the case it should probably be more strict. If it's a user needing help, take it to PM

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
What does that mean?
Let's take a bad thread with gore and such.
You enter that.
You are disgusted.
Don't reply to that to relieve yourself because that only brings attention and makes the shitposter/spammer happier (you're feeding the troll).
Instead just report and go away and the mods will take care of the situation! ;)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
We got some new tools in place and we're constantly fixing our existing ones - we can deal a lot better with attack on blogs now and I think our troll will notice that as well, hopefully desisting altogether ;)

I'll see if we can do anything about a cooldown. It would help a lot, actually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: