Hacking FlipSwitch ?

• Thread starter Deleted-368796
  • Start date
  • Views 8,217
  • Replies 41
  • Likes 6

Does FilpSwitch sound like a proper moniker for NX hacking and homebrew scene ?

• Total voters
D

Deleted-368796

OP
I've been thinking about this for a while now. We have already discussed whether or not the term "jailbreak" applies to the Switch, or whether we should just refer to the scene as Hacking in general. And I have nothing against that.
However, considering the uniqueness of the Switch and following it has amassed in such a short time, I think it deserves its own title.

As time passes on, I think the Switch will become one of the biggest hits in gaming history, and will rival the past titans of the homebrew and modding communities. Those such as the PSP and 3DS, and may surpass them within a short time span. For many of us, I think this is the console we dreamed had existed when we were young.

So anyways, I made this little graphic to illustrate how I envision FlipSwitch to be portrayed.

FlipSwitch Logo (500 x 390).png

Sure, maybe not the best idea out there. It is rather simplistic. Even so, this might spark someone with a better idea to give their take on what would be more suitable for the Switch scene.

This is just to get people taking and those brain juices flowing. Comment below with your ideas, opinions, and suggestions.

D

Deleted User

OP
And yet I can still somehow see the damn dogface. Goddamnit, once seen, it cannot be unseen.

Dark_Entrophy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps 'SwitchSwap', for that nice roll-off-the-tongue alliteration and synonym combo?

Although this one isn't very catchy, I like to think of Ninten-ditch as well, since you're leaving the official firmware behind (and chances are you'll be behind official firmware as they patch the holes, so a mild double entendre).

For bonus points, if it ends up being like the Wii U with the Emunand, it boots up with Nintenditch, and when you load the Emunand it's Nintenbitch (switching the d backwards since you've made the system your bitch, oh so clever).

I'm a fan of wordplay, if it isn't obvious.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps 'SwitchSwap', for that nice roll-off-the-tongue alliteration and synonym combo?

Although this one isn't very catchy, I like to think of Ninten-ditch as well, since you're leaving the official firmware behind (and chances are you'll be behind official firmware as they patch the holes, so a mild double entendre).

For bonus points, if it ends up being like the Wii U with the Emunand, it boots up with Nintenditch, and when you load the Emunand it's Nintenbitch (switching the d backwards since you've made the system your bitch, oh so clever).

I'm a fan of wordplay, if it isn't obvious.
Swichswap is awful

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. What ever happened to just using the good old word "mod". Did it with software? Softmod. Did it with hardware? Hardmod. The generic all-around for loading custom code or backups? Mod. No point in making up a name for the general modding that's specific for one system. Only name the specific exploits.

D

Deleted-368796

OP
Guess it does sound more like an exploit release name. If any of the groups working on hacks would like to use it, have at it.

What I did not mention is that the logo graphic is transparent. (except the joycons)

In my head I see an animation where the joycons slide into the lightswitch plate, and you can see the joycon rails as they connect. They lock into place with a satisfying click, and the iconic Switch "finger snap" is heard as the lightswitch is flipped on.
Man that is gratifying to hear in my head. Really wish I knew how to animate.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think DipSwitch would make a good exploit name too.

According to Wikipedia:
A DIP switch is a manual electric switch that is packaged with others in a group in a standard dual in-line package (DIP). The term may refer to each individual switch, or to the unit as a whole. This type of switch is designed to be used on a printed circuit board along with other electronic components and is commonly used to customize the behavior of an electronic device for specific situations.

It fits too :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I get a mig switch in the mail today