Flipnote Studio preinstalled on Australian DSi XL?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Upaluppa, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Upaluppa
    OP

Upaluppa Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2018
    Germany
    Hello folks,
    I want to buy a DSi XL which has Flipnote Studio preinstalled so I can get HiyaCFW on it.
    Does anybody know whether the Australian versions of the DSi XL came preloaded with Flipnote?

I'm asking because many websites claim that it is preinstalled on all DSi XL systems, but that's just not true.
    It was never included on European consoles. (I live in Germany. I watched several german and UK unboxing videos to confirm this)

I don't want to buy a Japanese version becuse of the language barrier and the few New US consoles I found are very expensive.
    If anybody knows this for sure I'd appreciate an answer.

Many thanks in advance.

2. WiiU

WiiU Lurking in the Shadows

May 7, 2014
    Between worlds of Hyrule & Lorule
    I remember my brother's DSi XL had some games pre-installed on it but I can't recall if flipnote is one of them.
    Couldn't you get a used DSi XL from somewhere?

3. Upaluppa
    OP

Upaluppa Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2018
    Germany
    I guess it would be possible to get one that way, but most people selling used DSi's did a factory reset before they offer them for sale.
    After the factory reset Flipnote Studio is gone, as far as I know.

I would have to ask the seller whether it is still installed before buying a used console.

I've also had quite a few bad experiences with buying used consoles in the past so I'm not too keen on that unless it's the only option.

4. ZeroXoreZ

ZeroXoreZ Banned

Banned
    Mar 26, 2018
    Sweden
    In sweden there is eur dsi xl consoles with flipnote preinstalled

Upaluppa likes this.
  5. Upaluppa
    OP

Upaluppa Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2018
    Germany
    Really? That's interesting.
    I assumed that all European consoles were exactly the same, the German and UK ones don't have it.

I'll see if I can find out more about this.

6. ZeroXoreZ

ZeroXoreZ Banned

Banned
    Mar 26, 2018
    Sweden
    btw.. Brain age experess math and photo clock does not come with dsi eur console here in sweden

7. Upaluppa
    OP

Upaluppa Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2018
    Germany
    Do you know any Swedish or Norway online shops where I could try to buy a console?
    There doesn't seem to be a Swedish ebay.

8. ZeroXoreZ

ZeroXoreZ Banned

Banned
    Mar 26, 2018
    Sweden
    Upaluppa likes this.
  9. Upaluppa
    OP

Upaluppa Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2018
    Germany
    Unfortunately they only ship to Sweden, Denmark and Norway, but not to Germany.
    But thank you for trying to help, it's not your fault, I'll keep looking!

10. ZeroXoreZ

ZeroXoreZ Banned

Banned
    Mar 26, 2018
    Sweden
    Upaluppa likes this.
  11. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Nintendo works for my dad
    I bought a european DSi XL a few months ago here in germany and it had Flipnote Studio preinstalled.

Now, I bought it used (obviously) from a private seller on ebay so it might have originated from outside germany, but that does not seem very likely.

12. Upaluppa
    OP

Upaluppa Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2018
    Germany
    I just wanted to let y'all know that I decided to buy a used german DSi XL from a seller who confirmed that Flipnote was still installed on it.
    He used screen protectors on it from day one and the device appears to be in great condition, so I'm happy now.

The reason why I wanted a DSi XL in the first place is that DS and DSiWare games look awful (in my opinion) on the 3DS/XL because of the blurriness and black bars.
    My old phat DS died long ago and the 3DS just doesn't do it for me when playing old DS games.

ZeroXoreZ likes this.
  13. ZeroXoreZ

ZeroXoreZ Banned

Banned
    Mar 26, 2018
    Sweden
    Amazing job that you bought a dsi :) Good luck downloading all stuff :)

14. Upaluppa
    OP

Upaluppa Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2018
    Germany
    Thanks!
    Soon I can finally play Zelda Four Swords Anniversary Edition which I missed when it was available on eshop.^_^