Flipnote Studio OUT IN N.A!!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by stanleyopar2000, Aug 13, 2009.

Aug 13, 2009
  1. stanleyopar2000
    OP

Member stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

United States
    ITS OUT IN USA!

PRESS RELEASE: Flipnote Studio for Nintendo DSi Gives Players the Tools to Become Animators

Free Downloadable Application Lets Users Share Creations

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- At one time or another, just about everyone has created an animated cartoon using nothing more than a pad of paper and some hand-drawn stick figures. Nintendo now brings these creations to life on its Nintendo DSi™ hand-held system with Flipnote Studio™, an application that is available now for download at no cost from the Nintendo DSi Shop.

Flipnote Studio provides users with simple tools that let them draw and save a series of images to create an animation reminiscent of flipping through a notepad. Flipnote Studio makes it easy for anyone to jump in and create animations, regardless of their artistic abilities.

Here’s how it works: Users draw an image on the touch screen of the Nintendo DSi system. When they are ready to draw the next image in the sequence, Flipnote Studio shows an outline of the previous image as a reference. Once all the images are in place, the software can animate them as a creation called a Flipnote. People can add sound to their Flipnotes using the built-in microphone or using sounds they previously recorded in the Nintendo DSi Sound application. Or they can import photos as black and white images from the Nintendo DSi Camera album.

The results can be comical, dramatic or experimental. Once people become registered users of Hatena’s Web site at http://flipnote.hatena.com, they can then upload their finished creations to the Flipnote Hatena site, operated by Hatena Co. Ltd, where others can view their creations – Nintendo DSi owners can even download other people’s Flipnotes from Flipnote Hatena and then modify them to create their own unique works. Users can also share their Flipnotes using the Nintendo DSi local wireless feature and save their Flipnotes to an SD Card (sold separately) for easy storage.

“Flipnote Studio takes the phenomenon of user-generated content to new levels of creative self-expression and social sharing – with all the fun and accessibility that consumers expect from Nintendo,” said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “The animation possibilities are limited only by users’ imaginations.”

Flipnote Studio is the latest in the ever-growing library of Nintendo DSiWare™ games and applications that users can download directly from the Nintendo DSi Shop. Nintendo DSiWare is designed as a creative playground where consumers can access fun and interesting games and applications from developers large and small. Some items in the Nintendo DSi Shop, such as Flipnote Studio, are available at no cost, while others can be downloaded in exchange for Nintendo DSi Points™. As a reminder, anyone who buys a Nintendo DSi system and connects it to the Nintendo DSi Shop by Oct. 5, 2009, will automatically receive 1,000 Nintendo DSi Points.

- "Max"

pretty much guys....its OUT NOW. AND ITS FREE!....Take advantage of this before they change their mind..Like the Wii Web Browser...which was once free at a time =0

Common AceKard team!!...Lets Spite Nintendo with their 1.4 update scheme!

2. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Just a bit late, though good job on the thoroughness of this one. Also I'm not sure if the last thread was in the news section anyway.

3. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    They just happen to release it after a firware update though, so I doubt most people here will get it yet.

4. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    Yay, hopefully I'll see youtube videos of how it is.

5. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    [​IMG] Instead of animators I read administrators [​IMG] Now that would be cool.

[​IMG]

6. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    I kinda had to laugh at this...it was out yesterday, and this is about the 5th topic of it I've seen.

7. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    C'MON ACEKARD, WHERE"S YOUR FUCKING UPDATE?!!

I wonder if I update to 1.4U to get this? I have a GoW PSP2001 to play with while waiting for Acekard to update. I also have an Original DS and my sis's DS Lite to update my Acekard in case Acekard finally shows up.

Sorry, I wasnt available this past week due to Im in Manila so I dont know any news until now.

8. stanleyopar2000
    OP

Member stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

United States

QFT

WHAT THE FUCK IS AK DOING!?

They will most likely get a "fix" after EZ5i releases their "ds card spoof" fix...cause Ak will copy the source code.

they are lazy...and SCDS1i is the same. they lied saying they have a Exclusive "USB UPDATER" "counteracts Updates by nintendo"...what are they doing now?

when my DS Lite Gets Fixed from Game Warehouse...I'll update...cause when the time comes...i can update my AK2i using my DSL [​IMG]

MOTHER FUCKING FLIPNOTE!! [​IMG]

i bet nintendo planned to originally release it that one date wikipedia said. but some fucker in nintendo's lab (they disect 360's and PS3's there...my intel told me) probably found a way to block flashcards very close to the release date...so they said.."well fuck em with the new 1.4 update...Want flipnote?? than ya gotta update you son of a bitch!"

EDIT - EZ FLASH Just posted the 1.4 fix today. hopefully ACEKARD IS LISTENING!!!!

9. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States

Duuuude....chill out. It takes time, and the Acekard team problably doesn't devote their entire day to figuring it out. If you bought a DSi, and then a flashcard, you knew this would happen. You should've been more prepared for it. Also, this "intel" of yours, I really, really, really highly doubt he/she exists. Seriously, take a chill pill, relax, go outside, and just wait patiently. Unless you want to do the fix yourself, there's abso-flipping(pun very much intended)-lutely nothing you can do except wait.

PS: Show me proof that they'll copy it. Don't call someone/something lazy just because they haven't met your deadline for it. They're kind enough to make AND UPDATE the firmware and interfaces. A lot of them don't. So please, chiiiiillll.

PSS: You went and bought a flashcard, something that is essentially illegal. Buy doing that, you have to be prepared to give up something. Like, say...DSiShop, for a few weeks.

10. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    It's natural for a Filipino guy like me to go pirate because the prices here are hell. we have a corrupt president, we dont have salary increase, they increase the prices, they put 12% tax and they add something more, perhaps 100% store tax just to sell. what a fucking country Philippines is.

If I were in Canada, perhaps next year, I will go legit and buy genuine products because people abroad have a nice way to sell things. no more x2 price tag for a single product.

So what's my point? If I go legit, I have no problems updating. I can buy things easily.

11. B-Blue

Member B-Blue im a slut

what an idiot

12. KevInChester

Member KevInChester GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    stanleyopar2000, I'm loving Flipnote Studio.

PS. I do sincerely hope you are not over 12 years of age, otherwise I have severe reservations about your future.

13. Isabelyes

Member Isabelyes GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I've heard a rumor that you can't make animations in the english version using the dsi camera like you could in the japanese version (I think).

could anyone confirm this?

14. xDlmaoxD

Member xDlmaoxD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wasn't the app one of the first showed when the DSi was announced this is a disappointment for it to come this late, not interested.

15. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Someone recreate this Calvin and Hobbes flipbook:
    [​IMG]