Hardware Flex Ribbon cables..

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone suggest a good flexible material to wrap the 3ds top led screen flex ribbon cables with? I only ask because I just ordered a new screen and really do not want to rip a cable and end up wasting $75 (this is for the new 3ds xl because I lost my warranty receipt). I have done several screen replacements in the past on all the ds/3ds systems. But I want to take extra precautions with this one..

nintendo3dsxlfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had good luck using either masking tape OR scotch tape and either cutting it to width or folding it over the flex ribbon cable before installation. This way it rubs the tape and not the ribbon cable and it also helps to prevent tears. It is the only thing I can think of that is thin and flexible enough to provide some sort of protection. Good luck with your repair!

Reactions: SmileCitrus

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had good luck using either masking tape OR scotch tape and either cutting it to width or folding it over the flex ribbon cable before installation. This way it rubs the tape and not the ribbon cable and it also helps to prevent tears. It is the only thing I can think of that is thin and flexible enough to provide some sort of protection. Good luck with your repair!
Thank you for that idea! I'm not sure why I never thought of that.. I hope it stops any damage to the cables.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup