Hardware Flex Ribbon cables..

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone suggest a good flexible material to wrap the 3ds top led screen flex ribbon cables with? I only ask because I just ordered a new screen and really do not want to rip a cable and end up wasting $75 (this is for the new 3ds xl because I lost my warranty receipt). I have done several screen replacements in the past on all the ds/3ds systems. But I want to take extra precautions with this one..

nintendo3dsxlfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had good luck using either masking tape OR scotch tape and either cutting it to width or folding it over the flex ribbon cable before installation. This way it rubs the tape and not the ribbon cable and it also helps to prevent tears. It is the only thing I can think of that is thin and flexible enough to provide some sort of protection. Good luck with your repair!

Reactions: SmileCitrus

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had good luck using either masking tape OR scotch tape and either cutting it to width or folding it over the flex ribbon cable before installation. This way it rubs the tape and not the ribbon cable and it also helps to prevent tears. It is the only thing I can think of that is thin and flexible enough to provide some sort of protection. Good luck with your repair!
Thank you for that idea! I'm not sure why I never thought of that.. I hope it stops any damage to the cables.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Flame @ Flame:
    shoutbox is dead
  • Flame @ Flame:
    long live chit-chat
  • Ishzark @ Ishzark:
    spam incoming
  • Flame @ Flame:
    @Ishzark we had a real shoutbox before in old temp. old fashion one. only like 6 people used it.
  • Flame @ Flame:
    but it was kinda hidden, and on the side
  • Maq47 @ Maq47:
    Hey, can I get a trophy for winning the last giveaway? I would like to show off. :)
  • JavaScribe @ JavaScribe:
    oh so this does have persistent message history... it's just so new it had no messages when I logged on. huh
  • Scott_pilgrim @ Scott_pilgrim:
    rip shoutbox
    you were like a mini-community within temp
    at least now chat doesnt move like a snail
  • Thesolcity @ Thesolcity:
    RIP shoutbox
  • AsPika2219 @ AsPika2219:
    Welcome to chit chat just likes eating KitKat 🍫
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    RIP
  • Flame @ Flame:
    shoutbox 4lyfe
  • AsPika2219 @ AsPika2219:
    Waiting for Super Mario movie 2022 with Chris Pratt as MARIO, Anya Taylor-Joy as PEACH, Charlie Day as LUIGI, Keegan-Michael Key as TOAD, Seth Rogan as DONKEY KONG and Jack Black as villain BOWSER.
  • lemonmaster @ lemonmaster:
    super m ario
    why is key toad
    key when mario enters the wrong castle: GET OUT
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    The cast is wild
  • Flame @ Flame:
    because
    toad is key
  • wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist:
    i was a bit mad when i noticed the shoutbox was gone, but this is fine too. i'm old don't like change lol.
  • wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist:
    just wish they didn't lump all the retro console threads into one sub category

• Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    My bell notification said Flame mentioned me in chit chat
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: My bell notification said Flame mentioned me in chit chat