Leonsito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys, I have a Fat Grey DS, I flashed it a few months ago, I use an old EFA 256Mbit, mainly for ScummVM.

It worked like charm until last week, a friend of mine came to play some wifi games, via download play, we played Mario Kart, Tetris and Bomberman, he was using the roms in a G6 Lite to send me the games, except Mario Kart which I had the original cart, I had the EFA plugged in all the time. When we stop playing I tried to show him the ScummVm (which was working hours ago) but the DS only showed two white screens.

I tried to boot up with my old Superpass, bypassing the Flashme pressing Select but I got the same white screens.

I tried too using the recovery mode (start+select+a+b) but I get blank screens and pressing A didn't make anything.

It's like my firmware is corrupted and I'm unable to reinstall it, or using a passme, can anybody help me please?

Thx
wink.gif

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@@ What version of flashme did you have flashed?

I hope it wasn't v4....

V7 isn't supposed to have the problem with wifi and recovery mode always works on v7....

Leonsito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@@ What version of flashme did you have flashed?

I hope it wasn't v4....

V7 isn't supposed to have the problem with wifi and recovery mode always works on v7....

It was V6 or V7, not sure, but I'm sure it wasn't the old version with WiFi problems, because I used my Flashed DS to play Mario Kart Online for months and never had a problem running roms from the EFA.

BTW, I tried right now playing Trauma Center rom but the DS goes directly to the main menu and says that there isn't a gba cartridge inserted.. weird *_*

carloandreacchio

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yea i have this problem with my phat ds, it sometimes doesnt want to turn on... so what i do is turn my ds on, if it doesnt work power off, gba cart out, power on, if it doesnt work power off, nds cart out, power on, if it doesnt work power off, put stuff back in and repeat.

Sometimes takes me like 5 minutes just to get it working, dunno what the problem is.

I suggest you not worry bout it, mines had this problem since beginning of this year, and it still works with little trouble.

Carlo

Leonsito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yea i have this problem with my phat ds, it sometimes doesnt want to turn on... so what i do is turn my ds on, if it doesnt work power off, gba cart out, power on, if it doesnt work power off, nds cart out, power on, if it doesnt work power off, put stuff back in and repeat.

Sometimes takes me like 5 minutes just to get it working, dunno what the problem is.

I suggest you not worry bout it, mines had this problem since beginning of this year, and it still works with little trouble.

Carlo

The only problem seems to be with nds roms, it plays original games perfect (both NDS and GBA), and GBA roms perfect too from the EFA.

I have tried what you say and it worked, turned on the DS, same as before (directly to menu), turned off, EFA out, turned on, turned off, EFA in, turned on, ScummVM plays fine... so, this problem is random?
wacko.gif

Leonsito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe it's something in your EFA? Try removing everything out of it and installing it over again.

Done that too, and I tried the G6 of my friend in my DS and got the white screens also, maybe I should keep trying with the flashme.nds on my cart until I can install it again overwriting the existing firmware..

Leonsito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been able to reinstall the firmware, I had to turn on the DS a few times and rename the flashme.nds to flashme.gba, but now every NDS rom that I try starts with the GBA logo screen and then stops working ..

EDIT: Well, I've been making a few tests, if I start the DS with A+B+X+Y pressed the DS Roms starts fine, but if I don't press anything the DS shows the GBA logo and get stucked, so I have to start the DS everytime I wanna play with a rom with a+b+x+y pressed, this is really pissing me off
hate2.gif

Leonsito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
More tests:

Original DS Card: Perfect

Original GBA Cart: Perfect

GBA Rom: Perfect

DS Rom using FlashMe V7: I tried Tetris DS, without the DS Loader of the EFA cart the first time I booted the DS the main menu appeared, I removed the cart, turned On the DS, then turned it off again, put the cart inside again, turned On, Tetris DS booted Ok, but a warning message appeared, saying that the data was corrupted, and the wifi data would be erased, this message appears now every time I turn the DS on with Tetris..

P

pas

Does the G6 of your Friend work now ? If so I think it's your EFA's Fault, try using another Flashcard...

Greets:

Pas

PS: Does Homebrew work with your EFA ?

Leonsito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does the G6 of your Friend work now ? If so I think it's your EFA's Fault, try using another Flashcard...

Greets:

Pas

PS: Does Homebrew work with your EFA ?

I've been thinking about that, and I remember that my friend has problems now with his G6, if he sticks the cart out and in again, it says something about data erased too, but if he restores the loader the saved games are intact, same as me, New Mario Bros told me the same that Tetris before, but after a few "data erased" I'm able to enter the game and all my saved games are still there.

Yes, Homebrew works, at least ScummVm, without problems.

Could my DS provoke the saved data corruptions in both carts ?

omegatr0n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im starting to get worried about my own installatioin of flashme...Sometimes when i power on then power off...my ndsl doesnt see my supercard...it goes to the menu system then if i power off again it sees it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The ST version honestly looks like they at least tried lol