Flashme for ds lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by The4anoni, Jul 11, 2016.

1. The4anoni
    OP

The4anoni Newbie

Hi :) I want flash flashme for ds lite ,but can i do that ok if i:
    1.Short SL1 (right???) via solden iron
    2.Connect ds lite to changer
    3.Put to Ak2i microsd card with akaio 1.9.0 and flashme
    4.Flash it
    Is it ok ?
    And whitch version of flashme is the best for ds lite
    I flashing for full support of gba flashcard and no warning screen ;)

Can someone move my thread from here ? (Wrong subforum...)

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I don't know if you can solder short it and boot it and then flash it. Most do just
    If you are worried about bridging the wrong thing and are already prepared to take the back off why no do something less permanent with tape and wires?

GBA flash carts work in any case. Flashme was there to allow those with DS mode to boot into DS mode and load DS homebrew and ROMs. The EZ4 now lacks this mode with the latest loaders that do SDHC (and the models that come with it), I don't think everdrive has anything and while supercard may work with it still I am not sure if it will do you any good for anything. This is unfortunate as it is one of the better ways to dump DS ROMs and saves, there is not really a lot of homebrew that only works on GBA slot stuff and is worth the effort though (most things got DLDI support or were superseded by other ports or programs) and thus will work fine on DS slot stuff)

Flashme itself. The stealth versions display the warning screens, the others do not.
    http://gamebrew.org/wiki/FlashMe has more.

3. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    You don't need to solder anything, I use a cut cotton swab with rolled aluminium foil inside to short it.
    Also the flashme installer instructs you to short it only after confirming that you want to install it.
    You need to have the battery cover removed to do that of course.
    I don't think that compatability with GBA carts improves in any way by flashing this, only DS mode via slot 2 is available without needing to boot to it via slot 1.

Last edited by Wuigi, Jul 11, 2016
  4. The4anoni
    OP

The4anoni Newbie

Ok so whitch version i shall use for it (8a is not reccomended for ds lite)

5. The4anoni
    OP

The4anoni Newbie

- is this tutorial ok ?

6. suparnemo

suparnemo GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2016
    United States
    That tutorial looks fine. I use FLASHME noAuto on mine. I just wanted to get rid of the health and safety screen.

7. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    South-Holland
    no! not solrder it, you need to undo the shorting also

suparnemo likes this.
  8. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    I've done it on three DSes. I used a tiny screwdriver to bridge the two contacts. I also used an Acekard 2i to load the software. In fact, I will probably do that to my new DS as well...

9. suparnemo

suparnemo GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2016
    United States
    I THINK he might mean he is gonna touch the pin w/ the soldering iron to short it. Rather than actually solder it.