Flashing Android Rom help

Discussion in 'Android' started by Lanlan, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Lanlan
    OP

Lanlan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2011
    United States
    So I've been googin' around, trying to find good info on flashing my phine. It's the Virgin Mobile HTC One V, and I found a guide for it, but the guide is kinda vague. I rooted my old Droid 2 Global via an app, that's about the extent of my Android knowledge. I pretty much know nothing, and I was wondering if any of you fine folks would help me out and/or point me in a direction of something that can help me out.

I wanna flash my ROM (I think) and get something that makes my phone perform faster. I know it's a low-end phone, but it shouldn't take 15 seconds to open my texts, I would think. Basically I want more responsiveness.

2. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    what are you unclear about in the guide?

3. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Search XDA Forums for the best info for rooting any android

4. Rizsparky

Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

Aug 13, 2007
    The Future
    rooting HTC's is not a straightforward process at all, it took me quite along time to successfully root my HTC Desire HD. If it's out of your depth I don't really recommend that you go with it as it could brick your device if you do something dodgy.

5. Zerousen

Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

GBAtemp Patron
    Zerousen is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 30, 2009
    United States
    If anything, search XDA for your device, and find a guide. If you're in luck, you might find a video tutorial. If not, well, be real careful, as Rizsparky said, HTC's are a little bit more complicated when it comes to rooting/flashing a custom rom.

6. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    *Awesome One X owner with his awesome quadcore awesomness swoops down to save the day for his One V brethren*

Just use the One V all-in-one Toolkit ;) and remember you have to sign up and get a token for HTCDev but the toolkit will show you.