Flashing Android Rom help

Discussion in 'Android' started by Lanlan, Feb 7, 2013.

Feb 7, 2013

Flashing Android Rom help by Lanlan at 1:39 PM (476 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Lanlan
    OP

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    So I've been googin' around, trying to find good info on flashing my phine. It's the Virgin Mobile HTC One V, and I found a guide for it, but the guide is kinda vague. I rooted my old Droid 2 Global via an app, that's about the extent of my Android knowledge. I pretty much know nothing, and I was wondering if any of you fine folks would help me out and/or point me in a direction of something that can help me out.

I wanna flash my ROM (I think) and get something that makes my phone perform faster. I know it's a low-end phone, but it shouldn't take 15 seconds to open my texts, I would think. Basically I want more responsiveness.

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    what are you unclear about in the guide?

3. yusuo

Member yusuo GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Search XDA Forums for the best info for rooting any android

4. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    rooting HTC's is not a straightforward process at all, it took me quite along time to successfully root my HTC Desire HD. If it's out of your depth I don't really recommend that you go with it as it could brick your device if you do something dodgy.

5. Zerousen

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    If anything, search XDA for your device, and find a guide. If you're in luck, you might find a video tutorial. If not, well, be real careful, as Rizsparky said, HTC's are a little bit more complicated when it comes to rooting/flashing a custom rom.

6. Luckkill4u

Member Luckkill4u SOLDIER

Canada
    *Awesome One X owner with his awesome quadcore awesomness swoops down to save the day for his One V brethren*

Just use the One V all-in-one Toolkit ;) and remember you have to sign up and get a token for HTCDev but the toolkit will show you.