OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, having an issue with flashGBX trying to write some old and new flashcarts, I keep getting a buffer error saying "unpack requires a buffer of 2 bytes"

Is this a pyhton error or application error? It seems to happen on every every rom write, I can back up data, write sav data and back up, just cant seem to write any roms to any cart.

thanks for the help!

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, having an issue with flashGBX trying to write some old and new flashcarts, I keep getting a buffer error saying "unpack requires a buffer of 2 bytes"

Is this a pyhton error or application error? It seems to happen on every every rom write, I can back up data, write sav data and back up, just cant seem to write any roms to any cart.

thanks for the help!
Might not be compatible with your type of flash cart. Select the 'Detect' button in the interface, and it should recognize what chip is used.

Reactions: CharlesHoy

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
One is a flashboy cart that came with the gbxcart and the other I used has been able to flash GBABF, they are all recognised by FlashGBX
The GBxCart RW doesn't come with flash carts, and definitely not with one from FlashBoy. You sure you didn't buy some kind of clone device off AliExpress? Pictures of it would help, and of the error message.

Also, InsideGadgets has an official Discord you can join to get help from the FlashGBX dev Lesserkuma directly, he's a friendly and swell fellow.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...