forkyfork

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a flashed american DS-Lite with an m3 sd-lite. My friend has a regular DS.

I know that download play does not work all the time with a flashed ds and a non-flashed DS. However, I was reading that some games do work. Can anyone tell me which games do? Also, will this matter if we are using different firmware?

Also, I remember seeing a chart that had four possibilities of download play, where one DS was flashed and one was not. It explained the outcome of each scenario. I am having a difficult time finding that. Does anyone know where to get it? It must have been in an FAQ of some sort.

FSSimon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
All four situations mentionned worked for me with various roms and carts and combinations of both.
I had some problems before reading here that not enabling "soft reset" when writing the rom to my m3 was the ultimate solution.
It's true.
Do not use "soft reset" and you'll be just fine!

forkyfork

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All four situations mentionned worked for me with various roms and carts and combinations of both.
I had some problems before reading here that not enabling "soft reset" when writing the rom to my m3 was the ultimate solution.
It's true.
Do not use "soft reset" and you'll be just fine!

Do you remember specifically which games did worked? Thanks
smile.gif

Is soft resent enabled by default?

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
for me metroid prime hunters didnt work, the host ds would upload the data but the guest would just keep downloading and never stop.

also new super mario bros didnt work, both the minigames and the mario-luigi mode.

im using a ds lite and ds phat both with flashme v7 stealth, and a g6 lite on my ds lite.

EDIT: so not using the soft reset on the g6 lite will solve the problem thanks ill try this

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I personnally couldnt play any DS download game until i flashed all my friends DS's. Do what you want of it, as for me, i just flash all DS i see.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For me, using roms, flashed ds hosting with unflashed ds receiving, some roms works and some don't.

I'm using EZ4 mini-SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a