Flashcard Suggestions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by coslow7, Jun 29, 2012.

Jun 29, 2012

Flashcard Suggestions by coslow7 at 2:22 AM (924 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. coslow7
    OP

Newcomer coslow7 Member

United States
    I need suggestions for a flash card that supports 3DS version 4.2.0-9U, can play ds, nes, snes, and sega roms, and it has to be able to play movies.
    If u have any suggestions please let me know. Oh, if it can allow the 3DS to update please let me know.

Thanks!

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The only recommended one that plays SNES well is the DSTwo, but even that's not perfect.
    Here's the review. http://gbatemp.net/topic/232281-supercard-dstwo-review/

3. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    I suggest if you want all those features to go with the Supercard DSTwo.
    I also suggest buying from the site I linked since nds-card.com is GBAtemp's official sponsor, so buying from them supports The Temp! :mthr:

4. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    This person is too specific.

5. plasmareshiram

Newcomer plasmareshiram Member

United States
    i would say use an ace kard i have one and its really cool but if you want snes and gba added with ds games get super card it is the number 1 ds flashcart it its really good but expensive

6. djnforce9

Newcomer djnforce9 Newbie

Canada
    Acekard is good if you want something basic that plays DS games at a low price. I had one but then started to get pin connection issues (a known flaw with the cart) and didn't feel like dismantling it just to do the paper trick (I'm debating whether to even try and get it to work so that I can update the firmware after the 4.2.0.9U compatible release). I later got a DSTwo and I am MUCH happier with it because it plays SNES and GBA roms in addition to just DS. The latter aren't perfect of course but most games I've tried play reasonably well. Also, it's apparent that the DSTwo Team is much quicker to release firmware updates to counter Nintnedo's flash cart blocking a lot quicker than other kits.

7. VMM

Member VMM Full Hollow Cero

Brazil
  8. boombox

Member boombox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I was going to buy from them today but i have WOT installed on my browser and they said the payment site was untrustworthy, no one else gets this? I didn't understand their paypal payment either.
    I got it from http://www.nds-gear.com in the end instead. I hope that's still a good site?