Flashcard Shops and Gift Cards

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by ars25, Jan 13, 2015.

1. ars25
    OP

ars25 I like tacos and pie

Oct 21, 2010
    United States
    the world that never was
    Soo my dilemma is that when ever i try to use my Master Card Gift card on a Flash card site it says something along the lines of "Sorry,payment is failure,please pay again !" and was wandering can you use a gift card on flashcard shops also if you are wondering i have enough to buy the item but it still gives me the error any help would be nice

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Make sure the site accepts Master Card debit cards in general. Those prepaid cards are essentially debit cards, so any site that will take Master Card will take the prepaid giftcard. I've actually come across a few flashcard sellers that don't take Master Card for whatever reason, not sure why.

3. ars25
    OP

Oct 21, 2010
    United States
    the world that never was
    the ones i've been trying do allow master card but if they don't allow me to make a purchase by tomorrow then the card has has a online purchase fee that is not even mentioned anywhere on the package or website

4. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    I believe it has something to do with the address verification, because those gift cards dont have an address attached to them, some stores check it

5. ars25
    OP

Oct 21, 2010
    United States
    the world that never was
    could be but i have been reading up on it and apparently the website they give you doesn't always activate the card so i have to call customer support to see if the damm thing is activated. but sadly i have to wait until tomorrow since i don't have a phone to call them on. apart from that the cards website tells you to put in your address to prevent that from happening.

6. TLSS_N

TLSS_N Who is John Galt?

Aug 16, 2010
    United States
    Back in the south~
    My first flash kit was bought this way, I used realhotstuff and it worked out great. Ironically, I used a old name and was doing it from a damn hotel but I got it shipped!