1. Sha8q

OP Sha8q pls help

Jamaica
    Yes, I am aware that I posted this in the 3DS section, but I really need need this to be solved because it means I wasted money...

My R4I3D 2012 has been bricked by Wood R4 1.64 anticlone. I'm going to be honest, I have never seen anywhere that there is an anticlone in Wood R4. Anyway, I ran a homebrew application and immediatly saw a screen saying someones name, phone number and licence plate number and asked where did I get this clone. I then turned my DS Lite off and on again and panicked when I didn't see the icon for the flashcard. I ejected it many times, and tried the flashcard on all my DS systems and checked to see if Godmode9 recognised it. It sadly didn't. NTRBoot flasher didn't detect it as any flashcard. I am assuming that it erased the flashcards firmware, and I guess because of that NTRBoot is possible on this flashcard. This anticlone made me have less respect for the r4ids.cn team, and respect AKAIO and R4ISDHC doesn't brick flashcards if they are detected to not be theirs.

NOTES: I have a 1.4.5 DSi, 1.4.3 DSi, and two 1.4 DSis (all my DSis have Flipnote Studio except the 1.4.3 one). I have a DS Lite, and a B9S 11.6 U 3DS. I have other flashcards, and maybe they could be used to fix my card.

What I think might work:
    A DS Lite friendly update, meaning I could run a working flashcard and swap it for my bricked one (haven't found it though)
    A custom made flasher for the card, like NTRBoot Flasher.
    Maybe others?

2. Mnecraft368

Mnecraft368 I hate my name.

United Kingdom
    Sure it didnt just wipe the sd card?

EDIT: This was the right place to put the thread, your using a "DS Mode" Flashcard, not a 3DS one. Basically means that it only runs DS games.

Last edited by Mnecraft368, Apr 1, 2018
  3. Sha8q

OP Sha8q pls help

Jamaica
    I am 100% sure. The icon isn't there, and there is a micro SD in. I tried with and without a micro sd, and it isn't there.

4. Mnecraft368

United Kingdom
    The icon disappears when the sd card has no data/isnt inserted.

5. Sha8q

OP Sha8q pls help

Jamaica
    No, this is no simple problem. I know that for some flashcards that won't show the icon unless the micro SD is in. I tried multiple micro SD cards, and the problem never happened until an anticlone showed up on my flashcard.

6. Mnecraft368

United Kingdom
    Are you sure the correct firmware is on the micro sd cards?

7. Sha8q

OP Sha8q pls help

Jamaica
    Yes, it worked perfectly until I tried r4ids.cn's Woodr4 which bricked my flashcard. The micro SD isn't the problem anymore, it is the flashcard's.

8. Mnecraft368

United Kingdom
    Unless its an NTR Boot compatible card, no luck for you.
    Just because why not, put the original firmware back on the micro sd. If it is the card that is bricked it shouldnt make a difference.

9. Sha8q

OP Sha8q pls help

Jamaica
    The original firmware is back, but I actually do believe that it is possible for this card to be NTR boot compatible.

10. Mnecraft368

United Kingdom
    If it is, you can install NTRBoot onto a 3DS, then use that to flash the original firmware back to the card. (if you can find the firmware*)

11. Sha8q

OP Sha8q pls help

Jamaica
    In order to do that, someone needs to analyze an update by the team and make it NTRBoot comparable.

12. Sha8q

OP Sha8q pls help

Jamaica
    1,000 views, over a year ago and no help... Sad

Mnecraft368 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Flashcard, Bricked,