Flash2Advance Ultra

T

trunten

Finally we've reached 1g.
1 question though with zip file support surely you wouldn't need to by the 1g version, you could get loads more zipped games on a 512k than normal surely?
Also $250 is WAY to much, I'd rather buy games.

M1k3

Trophies
Website
www.vnx.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Prices in the netherlands (in euro's):
- 256 set : 155.-
- 256 cart: 140.-
- 512 set : 225.-
- 512 cart: 210.-
- 1 G set : 300.-
- 1 G cart: 285.-

www.gbashop.nl (the carts arnt for sale yet, but i've only asked the prices)
cant explain the whole story because my english is to bad
huh.gif

esrion

Poetic Spammer of Justice
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
well, for one thing, the ad always sounds better than it is, never forget that.

still it's nice to see the 1G target be made, though like x_comp, i think 512mb is seriously enough for me. there used to be times when i used to dream aout 1G support, but after doing some serious gaming on the gba, i realize there's no way normal human beings are going to consistently play with say 8 or 10 games at once.

anyway, ppl should read through mroe carefully. as mentioned above already, the zip support is for the client, not the cart itself.

i don't see any difference with this and the ezfa 256mb, with the exception of size and the "save state" kind of feature. andi have serious doubts how that will work out. i mean ppl have problems with their saves now, i wonder how 8 megs of it would be like. and i wonder how the save state thing will work with pogo.

still, i'm rather interested, even if you can go ahead and buy a zodiac for the price they're asking.

Garp

GBATemp's Wandering Gnome
Trophies
Website
www.garpland.com
XP
Country
United States
Here's an interesting exercise....what games could you fit on a 1 Gb cart. I, personally, would have a hard time even coming up with that many games to play at one time, to be honest.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anime sucks. And its not big enough for real movies* (i need 1.2 or so unless it can play XVID which it can't.) so it isn't worth it.

*This is asuming that 1 gig is not converted into the gba's strange ass format, which would mean its not even close to enough.
Are you sure about that? A lot of great Japanese games start out as Anime such as the Super Robot Wars series. Technically speaking, your "Dr. Kupo" is also Anime
smile.gif

I agree that GBA video quality is bad though, even with Anime. It's more of a showing off gizmo than anything else.

QUOTE(Garp @ Jan 7 2004, 02:22 AM)Here's an interesting exercise....what games could you fit on a 1 Gb cart. I, personally, would have a hard time even coming up with that many games to play at one time, to be honest.
Hmmm... tough one that. Maybe you should start a seperate topic on this in one of the other sections and see what people come up with.

gba2002

GBA SP Masta
Trophies
Website
www.ausgba.tk
XP
Country
Thats wot i would buy this cart for, putting tonnes of games on the one cart. I would like to rasie the point that Lynx The Dark made and that is the battery draining fact. How bad is it, can we axpect a review soon, im anticapating it.

Akiraro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think that this will be good for MP3 audio. With 1 gbits (128mbytes), the cartridge can now hold over 30 songs of mp3 at 128kbs.

We can simply split the cart in 2 different parts. 64mbytes for games and 64mbytes for songs.....That will be sweet. I just hope that someone will come up with a better software for music on GBA.
biggrin.gif

esrion

Poetic Spammer of Justice
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
truthfully, i don't think mp3 will be what the gba is used for most, though i admit that it will satisfy those out there who don't have/want mp3 players or pdas.

but still, i think being too large (in cart size, ppl) is definitely going to cause problems, and yeah gba2002 brought up a good point. i was almost taking the EZFA for granted since i don't see too much of an energy drain. but maybe the 1g cart will have some problems along that line.

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I will buy it if only it works with Liitle Writer. I don't care about Pogoshell.
wink.gif
yeah i agree, i am hoping this might spark dadycool's interest again, his sponsors dried up and he sort of drifted away from littlewriter.

"revival" means save states. look at a VBA savestate on your computer, and thats how big it'll probably be on the flashcard, so they could probably manage saving more than one of them. gb series gamesharks have this feature, they call it "snapshots" but its all just saving the current "state" of the machine into memory.

i refuse to use anything other than littlewriter, too many options to give up to make this card worthwhile, price needs to drop ~80$ for me to even consider it, and if you read my previous post i've had a horrible problem with a 500$ order, 2 weeks gone by i've gotten one email from them saying part of my order was out of stock, something is wrong over at success, seems to me...

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The GBA and SP support up to 256Mb games. They're saying their new hardware can theoretically go upwards of 2Gb, but they're only currently releasing a 1Gb to the market.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: