Hacking Flash Carts and the 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
We'll have to see how lively the 3ds homebrew scene is. Barely anyone is working on the DSi, resulting in lack of progress and we haven't heard from team twiizers either. If the scene does kick off with the 3ds, it will be almost guaranteed that the 3ds will be hacked pretty quickly.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
TM2-Megatron said:
1. Better homebrew?
Will soon be possible with the DSTWO's publicly-released SDK, if homebrew programmers are so inclined.
But but but cameras
unsure.gif

Farquad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would prefer something like the homebrew channel on the wii, the channel stored on the 3DS and with the ability to launch games off the SD card.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Farquad said:
I would prefer something like the homebrew channel on the wii, the channel stored on the 3DS and with the ability to launch games off the SD card.
That would be pretty awesome.
I haven't even thought of 3DS channels.

Thinking about it, this thing could be hacked to preform just like modern Wii hacks....
I imagine there could perhaps be a software mod rather than a flash cart in the near future.

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
_Chaz_ said:
Farquad said:
That would be pretty awesome.
I haven't even thought of 3DS channels.

Thinking about it, this thing could be hacked to preform just like modern Wii hacks....
I imagine there could perhaps be a software mod rather than a flash cart in the near future.

softmodded 3DS sounds fine no flashcard ^^
A PSP needs to be modded too ?? so why a ds can't
It's easy and functional

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I believe 111% it will be hack. and at that time I'll buy 4 pieces. One each for every of my family member and of course including me ... thanks hackers ...pity Ninty
tongue.gif
and bye2 flash cart ... woooot

denieru7

Trophies
XP
Country
Farquad said:

This would be awesome. Also, it should be able to launch off the hard drive too, since the 3DS will have storage space for games, and perhaps copy games from the SD card to the hard drive.

Not saying it's going to happen, but this would be the cleanest and simplest solution.
yaynds.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
denieru7 said:
Farquad said:

This would be awesome. Also, it should be able to launch off the hard drive too, since the 3DS will have storage space for games, and perhaps copy games from the SD card to the hard drive.

Not saying it's going to happen, but this would be the cleanest and simplest solution.
yaynds.gif
Launch from the HDD...

The thought of the HDD just occurred to me for the first time.

It's not even negotiable. This system is getting hacked.

SOFTWARE UPDATES!!!! ONOEZ!!!

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Veho said:
TM2-Megatron said:
1. Better homebrew?
Will soon be possible with the DSTWO's publicly-released SDK, if homebrew programmers are so inclined.
But but but cameras
unsure.gif

F!#@ the cameras. I'd rather they prepare to get a quick start on the 3DS, so maybe we can see some results in 1-1.5 years instead of longer. That has three goddamn cameras, anyway, for people who care about it.

creep01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
they should have flash carts cuz soo many people would go bankrupt if they didn't
yaynds.gif

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope it's not going to be as easy and cheap like it is now, for less then 30$ you can have flashcart and memorycard. I hope it's going to be a bit like the Ds in the beginning. Installing Flashme with the help of a paperclip to shortcut the bridge next to the battery and such. Just so that not everyone can do it so easily.

I hope it's gonna cost over 100$ for a 3ds flashcart just like the gba days. This will keep the noobs away and will keep the pirate scene on the down low.

I loved following darkfader and all the others slowly breaking through the security, I'm looking forward to the same process but then on the 3ds.

Just my 2 cents

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fast forward 3 almost 4 later and we have flashcarts thanks to gateway and its about the way u hoped the gateway and mt cards are 70ish dollars tho clones go 40 and sometimes cheaper plus u can only use them on specific firmwares and we don't have homebrew man..I wonder what it will look like in another 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...