impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Step 3. Place XCI game files in the root of the microSD filesystem
1704344646962.png

Seems you can use partial dumps but OBVIOUSLY you can not go online with them.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
View attachment 411827

Seems you can use partial dumps but OBVIOUSLY you can not go online with them.
I read that as well, basically though everything is just specuation at this point. I expect a modded version of nxdumptool will surface now which can dump all the files with one click. I also expect some software to come out that can extract those files from current xci dumps and I also expect repacks of NSP games can be converted to XCI if you mod current tools to include the certs and tik files (I aready tried this and it works with converted nsp to xci). Anyway it's a good start to 2024 and it wil be interesting to see what lies ahead.

• Love
Reactions: BigOnYa and impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I expect a modded version of nxdumptoo
you don't need a modded version, the actual version can dump all these files. :D
1704349165679.png

I read that as well, basically though everything is just specuation at this point.
Yes sir, that's why my opinion until now is: Wishes and Dreams until we get a real one on our hands, and a complete guide is available.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
you don't need a modded version, the actual version can dump all these files. :D
View attachment 411829

Yes sir, that's why my opinion until now is: Wishes and Dreams until we get a real one on our hands, and a complete guide is available.
I know you can dump all these files individually with nxdumptool, but I wasn't aware you can dump them all with one click. I've not looked at it in a while though.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Reactions: mrdude

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Yep, latest release is from feb 2022 but the latest commit already have an artifact:

https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/nxdumptool/actions
I just remembered my sysnand is on FW 11.0 and that was the last time my gamecart slot firmware was updated. When installing an original gamecart on 17.01 emunand the switch would crash. As a fix for those that have the same issue, make sure in the Atmosphere/config folder that you have stratosphere.ini file with this line: nogc = 0
That will stop the crash when you reboot and you have a gamecart in the slot during boot, or stop it crashing when you insert a gamecart after booting.

As for dumping with nxdumptool from the release link, I still had to dump all the files individually with a few button presses, it would be good if there was an option to dump all these with a single click with the correct options enabled. Maybe this can done pretty easily with modded source code as it shouldn't be too hard to do.

• Love

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I just remembered my sysnand is on FW 11.0 and that was the last time my gamecart slot firmware was updated. When installing an original gamecart on 17.01 emunand the switch would crash. As a fix for those that have the same issue, make sure in the Atmosphere/config folder that you have stratosphere.ini file with this line: nogc = 0
That will stop the crash when you reboot and you have a gamecart in the slot during boot, or stop it crashing when you insert a gamecart after booting.

As for dumping with nxdumptool from the release link, I still had to dump all the files individually with a few button presses, it would be good if there was an option to dump all these with a single click with the correct options enabled. Maybe this can done pretty easily with modded source code as it shouldn't be too hard to do.
My SysNand is on 4.0.1, never even have been started. I was able to run Hekate right out of the box, created a EmuNAND and has been working on the EmuNAND since then.

Reactions: BigOnYa and mrdude

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
My SysNand is on 4.0.1, never even have been started. I was able to run Hekate right out of the box, created a EmuNAND and has been working on the EmuNAND since then.
Mine also works fine with installed xci files, however the gamecart firmware usually gets updated from time to time. If you try and install a gamecart into the switch when the switch firmware doesn't tally up with the gamecart firmware your switch will crash. That's why I mentioned to have stratosphere.ini file with this line: nogc = 0. If you are booting hekate and then chainloading fusee.bin you will need to have that. I only mentioned it as no doubt when people start buying this mig card they may encounter this issue if they have old system firmware and new firmware on emunand and their original carts were causing the switch the crash. It might be worth some people noting this when the errors start inevitably being reported.

Last edited by mrdude,
  • Love

watrf

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Do people really think Nintendo will ban people because of this? Don't be stupid.

What's to stop people from backing up all 200 of their game collection and then selling the originals on ebay/gamestop. Nintendo would kill 3rd party selling/trading which they would never do.

and the online argument is also stupid as less than 7% of Nintendo Switch users ever connect it online.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Do people really think Nintendo will ban people because of this? Don't be stupid.

What's to stop people from backing up all 200 of their game collection and then selling the originals on ebay/gamestop. Nintendo would kill 3rd party selling/trading which they would never do.

and the online argument is also stupid as less than 7% of Nintendo Switch users ever connect it online.
TBH I would never pay to play online ever again, I did during the 360 days and the xbox was banned then I couldn't use my paid content so I was forced to download it. If I was to play online I'll use a free service such as RGH 360 or a LAN based game. Or a PC game that is free for online. I certainly would never pay ninty £3.49 a month to play a game I already paid for. So for me it would never matter if I was banned from nintendo servers and for most pirates it's the same. As you can get most games/DLC/Updates etc for free if you know where to look it just doesn't make sense to part with money that could be spent on better things. I think it's the same for most people, even alot of the people on here that whine about game piracy have most likey downloaded an mp3 or movie or software at some point so they are moraly not in a good place to lecture others on how to spend their money. Will nintendo ban people - probably, but the more they ban the more people will just keep pirating in the future as if you're banned you don't really have the choice anymore to buy your switch games so piracy is your only option.

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates

That's pretty gullible thinking to say the least.
You think they will keep quiet and let this unfold without setting examples of people? There's no doubt they will ban every individual that break theirs TOS including these people sharing their cart dumps. You bought second-hand from a bozo that dumped and kept these copies, that's your problem not theirs.

Regarding online , most people like to keep their consoles sanitized in case they want to resell as banned console aren't wanted. Sure pirates don't care if they got banned or not but these people are not the target.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Fred Molyneux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For a small update, I have applied to them as a 'distributor' (I will buy one unit for myself, but I don't intend to sell it, it was just to obtain some info). They sent me today a 'media pack' to illustrate my shop. There is several cut out png pictures etc. but there is also pictures of production units, with packaging etc. In fact, they just posted a news on their website with a hi res picture of what they ship to reviewers.
Anyway here are a few pictures they did not post.

Attachments

• _mig_packof8_2.jpg
    _mig_packof8_2.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 6
  • _mig_switch_8cards.jpg
    _mig_switch_8cards.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 4
  • _mig_switch_8packaging.jpg
    _mig_switch_8packaging.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 5

madisonswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, a lot of people might have requested this for Xmas, as it "seems" to be coming soon:

NGL, if we have to eject and re-insert the card to load up the next game, this is going to be a PITA to use in docked mode.

I've got 120 games.

Does it just load the next game in alphabetical order?

What if you wanna load a game that starts with "Z"?

Also gonna be inconvenient to have to get up off the couch every time you want to switch to a new game.

Reactions: BigOnYa

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NGL, if we have to eject and re-insert the card to load up the next game, this is going to be a PITA to use in docked mode.

I've got 120 games.

Does it just load the next game in alphabetical order?

What if you wanna load a game that starts with "Z"?

Also gonna be inconvenient to have to get up off the couch every time you want to switch to a new game.
Assuming this device is real, i plan to use it to learn the basics of circuitry so i can make a middle man device with a button (and maybe esp32 for wireless) to help with that

Sorta like how action replay DS brings the cart outside of the system. I can’t imagine it would be hard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast