Last edited by m4dsk1lls,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
70 usd is almost the price of a single game, right? Mario Odyssey is still 60$ in the eshop to this day.. I'd say buying this for the price of 1 game to play a ton of games is pretty good
I was comparing that to the price of picofly. Most of modchip costs come from service of installing modchip. You can buy picofly for far less and get much more. Cons of playing dumps without updates is far too big today as currently updates can completely overhaul performance (f.e. Risk of Rain 2 started as 30 FPS game and now it's playable at 60 FPS, which for game that supports gyro aiming makes a big difference). This tool makes sense for legal users that are afraid of wearing out cartridges, but realistically most of people buying this will be pirates. And they will learn how limited this solution is on themself.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was comparing that to the price of picofly. Most of modchip costs come from service of installing modchip. You can buy picofly for far less and get much more. Cons of playing dumps without updates is far too big today as currently updates can completely overhaul performance (f.e. Risk of Rain 2 started as 30 FPS game and now it's playable at 60 FPS, which for game that supports gyro aiming makes a big difference). This tool makes sense for legal users that are afraid of wearing out cartridges, but realistically most of people buying this will be pirates. And they will learn how limited this solution is on themself.
Would make sense for those who don't want to modchip their Switch or buying an unpatched unit, but its better said than done.

Reactions: Adran_Marit

komabear

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Oh yeah, absolutely! Not only that, being able to boot into both OFW and CFW is a must so you can still play your bought eshop games online without any issues.

autumns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do yall think it would be possible for a 3rd party homebrew app to access all the games on it without having to eject and reinsert it? could be useful for expanding storage on hacked switches through multiple sd cards without ruining the built in sd reader for hoarders like me if so lol

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This product NEEDS someone legitimate and trustworthy from the scene to review it. Only then will I consider a preorder if its proven to be legit.
I’ll be a guinea pig if I can find it on Aliexpress or even better a US reseller

The only website I’ve found so far is riddles with typos so I don’t exactly trust them

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I’ll be a guinea pig if I can find it on Aliexpress or even better a US reseller

The only website I’ve found so far is riddles with typos so I don’t exactly trust them
Honestly I'd prefer a trusted reseller over a rando that popped up...problem is alot of site are newer...

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I'd prefer a trusted reseller over a rando that popped up...problem is alot of site are newer...
That’s another reason I don’t trust that website. If they can’t even be assed to fix the obvious or basic typos I doubt they are gonna care enough to give people their orders

Look at the mess with the ezflash team and their sketchy resellers. So many wouldn’t get their shipment until making a thread here.

That being said, I feel like Aliexpress may be the safest shop possible for anyone right ? I’ve never used them much but iirc they at least have some basic form of buyer protection

madisonswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do Switch retail games have any unique ids that would prevent using this thing online?
Yes, every Switch game has a unique certificate ID.
Even identical games have unique ID.
Even identical games that are the digital and cartridge versions each have a unique ID.

This guy goes through it in detail:

Reactions: Blythe93

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country

Here's a thought.
The main issue that I see with this product is that any piracy will get the switch banned, and if the switch is banned it can't download any future game updates, and there's no other way to get updates onto a switch that isn't running custom firmware.

But:
Gamecards sometimes contain both the base game, an update, and even dlc.
What if it's possible to repackage a newer update into an emulated gamecard?

It would mean getting banned would really be a non-issue for many users, since pirates usually don't care about online anyway.

If repackaging newer updates into emulated gamecards is possible, then I can absolutely see this product succeed.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a thought.
The main issue that I see with this product is that any piracy will get the switch banned, and if the switch is banned it can't download any future game updates, and there's no other way to get updates onto a switch that isn't running custom firmware.

But:

It would mean getting banned would really be a non-issue for many users, since pirates usually don't care about online anyway.

If repackaging newer updates into emulated gamecards is possible, then I can absolutely see this product succeed.
Mig Switch will not be able to read any altered files whether its an .NSP to .XCI convert or bundling DLC and updates into an .XCI file. It only reads raw dumps from cartridges that are unmodified. This is why precisely why this product will fail.

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a thought.

But:

The second you attempt to repack it, the certificate that lotus3 validates would be invalid because of the failed checks. As a result, the game wont be passed through to horizonOS anymore.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The second you attempt to repack it, the certificate that lotus3 validates would be invalid because of the failed checks. As a result, the game wont be passed through to horizonOS anymore.
It might be possible to bypass by signing it with the extracted keys that apparently they have done.

Reactions: BigOnYa

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be possible to bypass by signing it with the extracted keys that apparently they have done.
Wait, now that I think about it, it's a lot less complicated. If you're online and on an untouched system, you could just download the update for said cart without issue if you're connected to the internet because HorizonOS will see the cart is out of date and ready for an update, especially if its really just a gamecard emulator.

The true limits would be how Nintendo manages one cert popping up all over the globe.

If a user is offline, I guess they always have the option to "Match Version with Local Users" feature.

thangcuoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mig Switch will not be able to read any altered files whether its an .NSP to .XCI convert or bundling DLC and updates into an .XCI file. It only reads raw dumps from cartridges that are unmodified. This is why precisely why this product will fail.
Step 3. Place XCI game files in the root of the microSD filesystem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    It's the Switcheroo
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's the Switcheroo