Flash card

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by IanJean, Oct 18, 2008.

1. IanJean
    OP

IanJean Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2008
    Please excuse me for my ignorance as I am new to this.
    I am interested in this item (3 in 1 Expansion Pack for EZ-Flash V) If I purchase this or an alternative is there any more bits/equipment I will need.
    My equipment is a dual core computer running windows xp media with a spare USB sockit and a nintendo ds light
    I understand that with this equipment I can copy my best games onto one disk so avoid changing disks is this correct.
    Is this the one you would recommend?
    Thank you - Ian

2. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    From your post, it doesn't sound like you have any kind of SLOT-1 (where the DS games go) device, and if this is the case, then the 3-in-1 is very much not what you need. The 3-in-1 is intended to complement SLOT-1 cards by allowing GBA games to be played, since those cannot be played from SLOT-1. So you put your GBA games on your SLOT-1 card, and then using the menu on the SLOT-1 card (running on your DS), you write the game to the 3-in-1. If you have no SLOT-1 card, you have no way of writing games to the 3-in-1.

If you want a standalone cart, you would be better served by something like the EZ-Flash IV (or EZ-Flash IV Lite) or the M3 Lite.

3. akademik

akademik Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2008
    Canada
    so if I buy an EZ Flash IV I don't need to buy anything else (everything is included in it)? so I don't need to buy a slot 1 or anything ? Like when I receive that package I can start transfering my games in the cart and play?

Sorry but i'm really the biggest newbie with these and I really don't get it haha. Thanks for your patience.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice