Fixing Bricked Wii?

SsjKage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, trying to fix my bricked Wii using a GameCube Controller but not any luck, sadly my Wii Remote wont pair. So I guess its interfering with the Wii bricking problems. I had found files that is currently helping me fix my Wii. I just need something to let me use the 1 button on my GameCube Controller so I can fix my brothers Homebrewed Wii. Thank god they got helpful people out there who helps people like us. My brother was missing Homebrew files so I had to download them all in a single folder off a YouTube channel following a tutorial. "Safe btw" I checked, The main problem is. I have everything working via BootMii with out using Nand files. I just need to find out how I can install all the WADS with the GameCube controller at the same time that I have on my Wii so I can get my Wii Menu back up and running. Is there a Wii Homebrew app that I can use specifically for GameCube Controller users out there? I can't afford another Wii at the moment. I just got my brother's games fixed. And I want to play Super Mario Galaxy and back the games up and play SM Gravity and Eclipse, "If that makes sense." Hopeing I can get some help here. You guys have been nice to me so far so I'm grateful. Thanks if anyone can help. For some reason I put in new AA batteries from the store. The batteries keep flashing. All 4 lights. They just wont sync. Had this problem before. I need to hit 1-B at the same time apparently. Any ideas? I don't have an extra Wii Remote around the house sadly. There is nothing wrong with it either. Any help would appreciate it! Just want to fix my bros console and continue backing up stuff. :( Thanks! :) Want to back up Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and add them on my Steam Deck if that makes sense. :) And play them! ^_^ Appreciate any help! FWI I'm using Multi Mod Manger for the tutorial process. So wish me luck.
:)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
MMM already supports GC controllers, as do the vast majority of wad managers.

Not sure what list of wads u have that u think is going to help u repair this, the YouTube video you're following may just get u into more trouble tbh.

I suggest posting a syscheck here and seeking advice before following a fail tube video https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Last edited by XFlak,

SsjKage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not sure what list of wads u have that u think is going to help u repair this, the YouTube video you're following may just get u into more trouble tbh.

I suggest posting a syscheck here and seeking advice before following a fail tube video https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Thanks. I think I'm just going to buy a new Wii all together tbh. Next time I'll just make sure everything is backed up, etc to be safe. Thanks. And put everything on a USB Stick. Ty. Do you know if the Wii U can back up GameCube games by chance? Just wondering. Thanks. :) Making sure so I wont have to make a new post if that makes sense. Not sure if I can use CleanRip on a Wii U. Thank you. ^_^ I did back up Super Mario Galaxy 2 so I'm content. At least I got that. :) I'm playing Super Mario Gravity atm on Dolphin so I appreciate the info. :) Ty.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. I think I'm just going to buy a new Wii all together tbh. Next time I'll just make sure everything is backed up, etc to be safe. Thanks. And put everything on a USB Stick. Ty. Do you know if the Wii U can back up GameCube games by chance? Just wondering. Thanks. :) Making sure so I wont have to make a new post if that makes sense. Not sure if I can use CleanRip on a Wii U. Thank you. ^_^ I did back up Super Mario Galaxy 2 so I'm content. At least I got that. :) I'm playing Super Mario Gravity atm on Dolphin so I appreciate the info. :) Ty.
The Wii U drive can't read GameCube discs at all. The Wii Mini can if you have an adapter (the drive in that thing can't catch minidiscs) but the Wii U is outright incompatible. That's why Devolution and Nintendont work - they're forward compatibility hypervisor-type things that make GameCube games run in Wii mode.

Don't give up on your Wii yet, though. Don't follow a silly YouTube tutorial, follow this man's advice.

You know the ModMii thing that the actual hacks guide recommends? This legend made it. He knows what he's on about.

Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4eqTkD6JQw