Hacking [Fix] NTR CFW Video Stream "Blocking Operation"

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Time and again I have seen members complain about trying to initiate a video stream on their N3DS via NTR CFW but receiving the error "A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall." This had been an issue for me too, and nowhere online could I find a solution. Until I did it myself.

The issue happens if you're on a Mac using a Parallels Windows VM. You need to change the network settings.

Go to the native OSX menu bar for your VM. Devices > Network > Bridged > WiFi (or Default if you are connected via Ethernet). Parallels has it set to shared rather than bridged by default, and for some reason this interferes with NTR's remoteplay feature.

I don't know if any other computer setups cause this issue. If so, share below.

Hopefully this gets picked up by search engines so that no one else facing this issue is stumped. Mods if the thread title seems ineffective feel free to change it accordingly.

Last edited by Lucifer666, , Reason: grammar
Reactions: Ricken

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This didn't fix my issue. I'm using Windows 7 through Boot Camp. I keep getting this error. My Internet connection is not shared.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error literally means your ports are not open. Either your anti-virus, or firewall are blocking your connection. So you need to either disable your firewall (router and OS), and turn off you anti-virus OR create an exception for the program in both.

Reactions: Ailuros27

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have 2 n3dsxls with LUMA 6.5 (one is a9lh sys11.2.0-35u, other sys9.2 then through menuhax for luma or rei as emu/red11.2.0-35u) and cannot get NTR to work on either. I don't know if I tried it on the sys9.2 through pasta yet but is there a way to get it to work on luma with it 11.2.0-35u?

ridge racer 3d is what i used to use ntr for (for menus set clock to o3ds and gameplay set clockrate n3ds, otherwise it crashes with ntr) always seems to crash with luma if n3ds clockrate enabled. game has framerate drops at o3ds clockrate
\
https://github.com/Shadowtrance/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.3-3D seems to work with 9.2 pasta and seems to allow cpu config. other versions on ntr wernt working for me anymore. nvm cant get ntr to work on any of my ds anymore, guess ill never play ridge racer 3d again as after playing it on a n3dsxl with no crashes of framerate drops back when luma wasnt even a thing yet was awesome

Last edited by HaloBenish,

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so.... anyway to get ntr working on sys 9.2? luma always goes right to emu11.2.0-35u for me it seems

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

im too old and tired and confused for video games anymore anyways

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for one, on your N3DS with A9LH on 11.2, you need to make sure you do not have a firmware.bin file on your SD card (at the root or in the SD/Luma folder).
Then you need to make sure the option "Enable firms and modules to load from SD" is off.
Then make sure you're using the correct build of NTR booter for 11.2 located here.

As for the other 3DS, you can use the same method as before. If the above doesn't work for you menuhacks 3DS then, try using another build of BootNTR, check the option in Luma, and place a firmware.bin inside your Luma folder on the SD that corresponds to the last working setup. I.E. Use an 11.1 firmware.bin in the Luma folder to run the 11.1 BootNTR on 11.2

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error literally means your ports are not open. Either your anti-virus, or firewall are blocking your connection. So you need to either disable your firewall (router and OS), and turn off you anti-virus OR create an exception for the program in both.
I already turned the antivirus off and added an exception (I think) to Windows Firewall for port 8000. I don't know that my router has any sort of internal network blocks or firewalls, but I'll go through the settings. I even added a port open on the router itself for port 8000, but it wanted to know the IP address of the "service" and I didn't know if that was the 3DS' IP or the computer's. Are there any ports besides 8000 that need to be open?

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've completely disabled the firewall and antivirus, added exceptions to port 8000 in the firewall, added exceptions in the antivirus for nitrostreamer and ntrviewer, and forwarded port 8000 on the router (I think). Nothing works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse