Hardware Fix loose joy con controller

NEZ8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i dropped my Switch on the floor from the couch and the left joy con came loose, after that it always comes off very easily from the console.

Is this loose joy con usually caused by something on the joy con or on the console itself? Any way to fix this easily and cheaply?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i dropped my Switch on the floor from the couch and the left joy con came loose, after that it always comes off very easily from the console.

Is this loose joy con usually caused by something on the joy con or on the console itself? Any way to fix this easily and cheaply?
Go to EBay/Aliexpress/Amazon and look for metal Joy-Con buckels

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country

It's a common issue, I have a couple of joycons with this issue, one was so bad that I had to try to fix it myself.
It can from my experience happen by regular use over time...

There is a plasting part in each joyjon that retracts when you press that button and locks the joycon into place when you let go.
What often happens is that this part starts to tear down.
This small plastic part can be replaced, there are replacement parts that you can buy online. (I've even seen replacements made out of metal)

Or you can do what I did. (this is not what I would recommend).
Take the part out of the joycon and apply some glue that will harden where there is missing plastic.
After some trial and error I got enough glue built up that it would lock the joycon in place just fine.
But I have no idea how long it will last.

Last edited by DaniPoo, , Reason: typo

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a common issue, I have a couple of joycons with this issue, one was so bad that I had to try to fix it myself.
It can from my experience happen by regular use over time...

There is a plasting part in each joyjon that retracts when you press that button and locks the joycon into place when you let go.
What often happens is that this part starts to tear down.
This small plastic part can be replaced, there are replacement parts that you can buy online. (I've even seen replacements made out of metal)

Or you can do what I did. (this is not what I would recommend).
Take the part out of the joycon and apply some glue that will harden where there is missing plastic.
After some trial and error I got enough glue built up that it would lock the joycon in place just fine.
But I have no idea how long it will last.
They r called buckels

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
one thing the plastic has over the metal ones if the switch is dropped hard enough and joy-cons come off that take some impact away from the main console.

NEZ8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your answers. Then i will buy those parts. The metal ones sounds robust, although the comment about that the ones made of plastic can lessen the impact on the console also makes sense, maybe they are built that way on purpose?
But i think that it can be worth to try out the metal ones, and then try not to drop the console?

Is this part hidden on the joy con, i can not spot it by looking directly at the joy con?

EDIT: Okay now i saw it on the video. Thanks for the vid.

Last edited by NEZ8,

TheKiteKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I would say to just search youtube for a tutorial on how to replace joycon matches with metal latches. They should have links for where to buy them from in the description.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :shit: +2