OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello guys.

I've been looking into getting a fitness game but I'm unsure of what to play. I only have the traditional setup of Remote + Nunchuk and getting new hardware is out of option (I really don't have space/budget for a balance board) and most of these games seem to require it.

What would you recommend? Thanks!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you don't have the space for a balance board...what kind of game do you think we can suggest? I don't know a fitness game but wii fit (plus), but I can't imagine any actually not requiring space to move. Have you thought of actually going out of the house to jog? (I bet there's tons of podcasts that'll tell you when to start or stop out there).

Other than that...I read some good things about EA sports active 2...but it somes with some gear. I just don't know if it's obligated or not.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original ea active only requires the wiimote and nunchuck, but you must have enough room to run in place, and streach out/do lunges, etc...

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
There's this new fitness game that I just found, I forget the name though....

It has all sorts of games, ranging from competitive to cooperative, and even has a specific training mode where you can work on your strength training and cardiovascular endurance...

Oh yeah - life.

Fitness games on the Wii won't get you a workout...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
monkat said:
Fitness games on the Wii won't get you a workout...
I can only speak for wii fit on this behalf, but...not true.

At a certain point in the past, I got myself challenged by that trainer to do the most push-ups. Being the gamer that I am, I'm not one to give up easy. Still, it took me more than one attempt to get her on her knees. That was at 50 push-ups, and it still only rewarded 4 out of 5 stars. So...yeah.

I know the game isn't exactly aimed at sport athletes, but it should most certainly fulfill the purpose of improving the condition.

EDIT: on-topic: I just read the following in ING's EA sports active review: "There's My Fitness Coach (Ubisoft), Wii Fit (also by Nintendo), the upcoming Daisy Fuentes' Pilates (Sega) and Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum series (Majesco). "
Perhaps one of those games is a good pick?
smile.gif

NoFate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bazamuffin said:
EA Sports Active

yep , thats the best , the balance board is optional

i bought wii active 2 also with the new sensors... awesome!!
Except fot te timeout bug... when you dont use the wiimote or balance board, the game stops in the middle of an excercise complaining the connection has been lost with the controller... verry annoiing/.

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best fitness game is My Fitness Coach...

I have tried all of them and the very best with good training and challenge is My Fitness Coach, nothing else. Try it, you will love it.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'd point out that the OP mentioned new hardware is out of the option, but then again: all fitness games without extra hardware are probably mentioned.

I tried newU fitness yesterday (it uses the balance board). God...you only realise how nice wii fit is until you try other games.
...let's just say that "toothpaste smiles" (as in the way B-actors act in cheap commercials) don't work to get me motivated.

NoFate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Rafinesque said:
I think the NFL Training Camp game looks like one of the best fitness concepts. It comes with the EA Active sensor....

seems there is still no release to download this one, are you able to create an iso from it?

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The best fitness game ever is sex. Its a good cardio work out and if you throw a fat chick in there you can get some decent weight training too.

It also is the best multiplayer ever.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
In addition: sex is fun, has awesome visuals and it sure gets my vote for being the best co-op game ever.

And let's not forget: you won't need any extra hardware.
tongue.gif

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
In addition: sex is fun, has awesome visuals and it sure gets my vote for being the best co-op game ever.

tongue.gif

While you don't need extra hardware, sometimes it can come in handy. Just keep some extra battries around.

QUOTE(arogance1 @ Jan 14 2011, 09:16 AM) Try "Zumba"
pfft..... that don't even come any where near sex.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
431unknown said:
Wever said:

tongue.gif

While you don't need extra hardware, sometimes it can come in handy. Just keep some extra battries around.
Well...I was thinking about adding in a line about things like rope, clothespins, cuffs and whips. But that's just my idea of playing that game.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme