Gaming First was Wii Fit, then Wii Music, now what about this year?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Remember back at E3 2007 when everyone was eagerly waiting for Nintendo's big E3 game announcement to come at the end? It was Wii Fit. Myself, and many others here, got dissapointed with Nintendo's E3 07 showing that we thought next year they changed that. Well, at the end of Nintendo's E3 2008 conference, they showed Wii Music. A lot of people lost hope in Nintendo delivering good press conferences. Now then, with E3 2009 on the way, will Nintendo dissapoint us again with Wii Fit Plus or will they actually show their remarkable game at the end that will truly be exciting?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Wii Suck.

Guess where the Wiimote will be going
smileipb2.png
comes with waterproof Wiimote casing.

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The thing is, Nintendo hasn't screwed up at all. Both of these games are a huge success to Nintendo, especially Wii Fit, so they haven't screwed up at all.
You may not like them, and I'm not especially fond of them either. But if they announce another game that will catch my interest I'm ok if they announce Wii whatever. Not like 2008, where NOTHING appealed to me (in the conference).

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
will probably just motion+

but if i were to guess randomly..

wiiOS

where you buy shitloads of more accesories to turn your wii to a fully pledged computer,

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there is the rumoured "Wii Fit Plus" which can be used without the Balance Board.

Its a shame that "Wii Motor Sports" never got released.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Nintendo is aware that last year's E3 presentation was bad, they apologized for it, and their October press conference was much better, Iwata's keynote on GDC also was a lot more "gamer-oriented" with the new DS Zelda, VC Arcade and the 4.0 Firmware with SDHC support.

So, I don't expect a huge conference full of big announcements, but it will be certainly be better than last year. Of course, they'll talk about their Wii___ games, they'll certainly talk about WiiSports Resort that is coming in July and most likely WiiFit Plus, but I'm sure they'll have a bigger part in the show for more classic franchises.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How about WiiTakeYourCash for yet another sucky fitness game see Wii releases of late!

Saying that Wii Music is pretty sucky too unless you are 10 or under I suppose!

Then again Wii seems to be aimed/geared towards a younger audience (perhaps females too) than 360 & PS3 I guess!?

We need more to have Hack and Slash type games that make good use of the Wiimote as a weapon for us male/older users... Madworld comes pretty close but even that gets a bit tedious with the same kills over and over
frown.gif

Their seems to be a lack of good games that are not party/fitness/kiddie/female orientated!

edit: Cant see the big 'N' letting people share their 'artwork' online with other users openly.... You just have to see the CHECK Mii OUT channel and look at all the Mii with PEN1S heads etc that have caused a load trouble already along with offensive/racist etc user names in Mario Kart in both Wii and DS versions!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kobykaan said:
How about WiiTakeYourCash for yet another sucky fitness game see Wii releases of late!

Saying that Wii Music is pretty sucky too unless you are 10 or under I suppose!

Then again Wii seems to be aimed/geared towards a younger audience (perhaps females too) than 360 & PS3 I guess!?

We need more to have Hack and Slash type games that make good use of the Wiimote as a weapon for us male/older users... Madworld comes pretty close but even that gets a bit tedious with the same kills over and over
frown.gif

Their seems to be a lack of good games that are not party/fitness/kiddie/female orientated!

edit: Cant see the big 'N' letting people share their 'artwork' online with other users openly.... You just have to see the CHECK Mii OUT channel and look at all the Mii with PEN1S heads etc that have caused a load trouble already along with offensive/racist etc user names in Mario Kart in both Wii and DS versions!

Ah yeah, and Nintendo doesn't want to filthen their image
frown.gif

Too bad, but understandable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...