first time using cheats. have ?'s and need help

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Spartan745, May 31, 2009.

1. Spartan745
    OP

Newcomer Spartan745 Newbie

United States
    So I just installed CHEATS.DAT on my AceKard 2i. And so I set up the patches option to allow cheats and stuff. when I press x to find cheats for a super robot taisen og game it says that the cheat file isn't found. I checked for it on the cheat list that came with the .dat file, and it's there. I have renamed all of the games that I have on my AK 2i so could that be an issue? or if not, how can I fix it?

2. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Works for me.

Download USRCHEAT.DAT and copy to /__aio/cheats.

Highlight the game and press Y, not X. Then tap the Cheats button.

Edit: USRCHEAT.DAT is the default database. If you want to use a different database you have to change it in the AKAIO system options. (ie. under "Select Cheat Database" change it to CHEAT.DAT).

3. Spartan745
    OP

United States
    akaio? I just have the standard acekard 2 os. will akaio 1.4.1 work the same as the acekard os with the acekard 2i?

4. MUDjoe2

Newcomer MUDjoe2 Advanced Member

United States
    Yes, it will work much much better. Just make sure you get the latest loaders or you might run into problems.

5. Spartan745
    OP

United States
    so do I delete the ak folder and put akaio in? cuz right now, I put akaio in the root of the card but I'm getting a black (bottom) and blue (top) screen. should I just get a theme or what?

6. MUDjoe2

United States
    If you're using the latest 1.4.1 AKAIO you should just have _aio folder and ak4menu.nds in the root of your mSD. You shouldn't need the official firmware.

And it comes with a default theme.

7. Spartan745
    OP

United States
    oops. yeah never mind I got it. I didn't replace the ak4menu.nds file with the one that came with AKAIO. What about skins? what skins can I use just the ak 2 or ak rpg or any of them that are for the ak?

8. MUDjoe2

United States
    Skins that work with the official work exactly the same with AKAIO. I'm pretty sure you can get more from the official acekard site. Hope you enjoy AKAIO! (It beats the official any day).

EDIT: I don't know about the AKRPG, I've never used one. I assume so..?

9. Spartan745
    OP

United States
    ok.... sorry for being such a hassle but I have another, and final question... how do I get the cheats to work. I'd open the cheats window and press what cheats I want, get it to rebuild the .cc file and it seems like it's not working. I'm only going to assume that it's because of the trait of fail that I normally have when it comes to putting cheats in games. can someone help?

10. MUDjoe2

United States
    Well, what I normally do is just check off cheats I want in the cheat window, save them, and test them out.

A good and quick test would be Chrono Trigger. If you don't wind up in the never-ending "whirpool" sequence, then you set that cheat up correctly.

11. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    I believe AKAIO blocks most anti-piracy things automatically.

To use cheats, put a cheat database in the appropriate folder, then go into the cheats menu and select the correct database. Open up the cheats window and turn on whatever cheats you want. Press select to save selection, then start the game.

12. Spartan745
    OP

United States
    how do I save the cheats? and can they work for saved files of previous gameplay?

Posts merged

never mind. I realized I have to press select

13. Spartan745
    OP

United States
    ok so I used some cheats like infinite patient's health in one of the trauma center games and it didn't work. Is it just an error of the cheat code? is it me? what could cause this problem

14. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    After you choose your cheats to activate did you press SELECT or START to save it? Also, you have to ENABLE the cheats in your ROM settings. Everything is explained in the Wiki, please read it.