first time ds flash card user.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by vanultima, Sep 20, 2009.

1. vanultima
    OP

vanultima Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2009
    United States
    I got a acekard 2ki from dealxtreme and i want to know something. do we have to update the card when we get the card, if so by wifi only?

2. CloudSE

CloudSE Newbie

3. BoxShot

BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

Dec 18, 2008
    United States
    Middle of the ocean.
    Run the 1.4 flasher after you download it somewhere on gbatemp (too lazy to search) Then that's it. ... Side note when people say update I have no idea if they mean firmware or bootloader. Use akaio for better rom compatibility.

4. vanultima
    OP

vanultima Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2009
    United States
    OK, if i follow the steps on the wiki ( like formatting the microsd) and update with AKAIO, can i just drag a nds rom into the root and start it up with little trouble? my ds is the fat kind.

5. BoxShot

BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

Dec 18, 2008
    United States
    Middle of the ocean.
    Pretty much yeah. Get the akaio proper repack and put it on your micro sd (so I don't have to hear someone say why doesn't it go past loading) [​IMG] Optional: Make a folder for roms.

6. vanultima
    OP

vanultima Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2009
    United States
    Thanks for the help, real fast and friendly help here.

Edit* i was reading the compatibility issues for pokemon platinum and i dont understand.

"3541 - Pokemon Platinum Version (U) :: Problems?; Hold X to boot the old DMA mode. GTS won't work unless you boot it in normal mode(Hold A when loading game) "

am i supposed to hold a when i select it form the start? i have no clue what half of DMA and GTS means.

7. vanultima
    OP

vanultima Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2009
    United States
    Bump.

8. Chaosruler

Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Jun 5, 2009
    Iceland
    Tekoa
    DMA is a different kind of flashing in order to "play" the rom
    GTS is global trade section used by WiFi, it has nothing to do with Akaio, it is a feature in the pokemon games, not in Akaio`s or acekards firmware (unless you recall the wifi compablity of the card)

Pokemon Platinum (U) should work just fine for you without DMA patching, if it doesn`t use the same version I use and I can promise you no trouble
    I use the version downloaded from www.romulation.net