first time ds flash card user.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by vanultima, Sep 20, 2009.

Sep 20, 2009
  1. vanultima
    OP

Newcomer vanultima Newbie

United States
    I got a acekard 2ki from dealxtreme and i want to know something. do we have to update the card when we get the card, if so by wifi only?

2. CloudSE

CloudSE Newbie

3. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Run the 1.4 flasher after you download it somewhere on gbatemp (too lazy to search) Then that's it. ... Side note when people say update I have no idea if they mean firmware or bootloader. Use akaio for better rom compatibility.

4. vanultima
    OP

United States
    OK, if i follow the steps on the wiki ( like formatting the microsd) and update with AKAIO, can i just drag a nds rom into the root and start it up with little trouble? my ds is the fat kind.

5. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Pretty much yeah. Get the akaio proper repack and put it on your micro sd (so I don't have to hear someone say why doesn't it go past loading) [​IMG] Optional: Make a folder for roms.

6. vanultima
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the help, real fast and friendly help here.

Edit* i was reading the compatibility issues for pokemon platinum and i dont understand.

"3541 - Pokemon Platinum Version (U) :: Problems?; Hold X to boot the old DMA mode. GTS won't work unless you boot it in normal mode(Hold A when loading game) "

am i supposed to hold a when i select it form the start? i have no clue what half of DMA and GTS means.

7. vanultima
    OP

United States
  8. Chaosruler

Member Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    DMA is a different kind of flashing in order to "play" the rom
    GTS is global trade section used by WiFi, it has nothing to do with Akaio, it is a feature in the pokemon games, not in Akaio`s or acekards firmware (unless you recall the wifi compablity of the card)

Pokemon Platinum (U) should work just fine for you without DMA patching, if it doesn`t use the same version I use and I can promise you no trouble
    I use the version downloaded from www.romulation.net