Gaming First Person Pokemon Petition!

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah right, first person rpg never make alot money, it's because they suck big monkey balls,except dragon quest for some reason

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Dragon Quest is not first person as far as I remember?
blink.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Raestloz said:
1st: 1st person would suck for Pokemon. Want an example? Imagine yourself playing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare with a Pokeball instead of grenade, Pokedex(gear) instead of M4A1 SOPMOD, looking at a 3D Pikachu, you press 1, a Pokeball instead of Dragunov appears, you clicked, and a Blastoise (3D) appears.

Now, take a look at Pokemon Database, which states that Blastoise is almost twice as high as you, thrice as wide as you, completely blocking that tiny Pikachu from your line of sight... what will you see?

EPIC FAIL

2nd: Petition NEVER woprks as far as I remember, they DO suck though, although I have to admit it takes no more than 5 sec to type "I'm in" and click "Add Reply", actually doing it may cause you to be seen as an idiot, which is happening to our dear friend Bob, his petition to Nintendo (which is ignored) caused him to go crazy (I'm typing facts here, go and see that fresh "Bob's new stand" thread)

3rd: a good idea though, is to trash away the idea of "underdog 10 year old defeated the invincible gym leaders, space-related evil team, elite four, and the champion of the region in less than 1 year" which is a lame idea since the third time they used it

Wow that happen with Todd on Code Monkeys, fictional TV shows does happen in reality! ^______^

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it would be awesome if done right. But make it 3rd person, and i dont mean the shitty Colleseum perspective. And make the fights still turn based, but fast paced. As making 3D real time battles would just not with Pokemon

Hmm just imagine, a Gold/Silver remake in 3D... *drools* But no they should make it original

supersonic88

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
this would be awesome if it was like the DS/GBA/GB pokemon games in 3d...walk through some tall grass..then cut to a 3d turn based battle (kinda like stadium, or pokemon battle revolution..you get the idea..) but full 3d exploring would be awesome...add in wifi battles with friends or underground cave exploring in 3d...voice chat...then throw all that on the wii (cause it'd workbetter on the wii rather than the DS)....actually sounds epic....i'd buy it day 1

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
Well the closer too first person pokemon.
Would be Dragon Quest Monster Joker that is in 3d sort of would be good. If only but they would. But they won't make it. Sad i know.

But let's face it.
They haven't change the same game for gameboy to gameboy colour to gameboy advance to nds.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
supersonic88 said:
this would be awesome if it was like the DS/GBA/GB pokemon games in 3d...walk through some tall grass..then cut to a 3d turn based battle (kinda like stadium, or pokemon battle revolution..you get the idea..) but full 3d exploring would be awesome...add in wifi battles with friends or underground cave exploring in 3d...voice chat...then throw all that on the wii (cause it'd workbetter on the wii rather than the DS)....actually sounds epic....i'd buy it day 1
When I saw the topic title I thought "Ew, no." but after reading your post it seems like an excellent idea. It would be hard to do though, since when trainers see you, you have to battle them, and that wouldn't work as well if the trainers were behind you (out of sight). Therefore the current top-down 3D might be better. But seriously. A 3D pokemon RPG in HD would be awesome.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
*Facepalm with all you who did facepalms*

No.
First of all, this would not work. That would be like turning GTA into first person for everything, roaming, driving, etc. or even like turning Zelda games into FP. No, no.

Secondly, no one ever listens to petitions. Companies don't give a damn about them, so there's no point in even trying. There have been some MASSIVE petitions, but in the end, all was in vain.

But a change in Pokemon would be nice, like adding a 3D perspective rather than the same old. But first person wouldn't work. All you would be able to see yourself holding are your pokeballs and pokedex that's it. Unlike FPS, where you can see yourself holding guns, nades, etc.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Everybody forget about 1st person or play Orcs and Elves DS and then forget about FP pokemon.
I think the best solution would be to have 3D character models with following cameras slightly angled at bout 45 degrees and ditch the sprites
The one thing Gamefreak needs to do is to make the Fight scenes more like Battle Revolution style... This works in FF games an DQ Joker so why not pokemon??
yaynds.gif

woody0

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
why must everyone be so glum about someone elses ideas? im INCREDIBLY thankfull for everyone who supports my idea, and for those who think 1st person would be a bad idea, then ok, my idea needs revising and i will continually edit my post too please everyone, the reason i first chose 1st person was too make it feel like you really were a trainer, not too try and wreck the series.

as for those who think that this idea will wreck the series, well there have been a number of spin-offs from the series that have all worked, well, maybe this could also be a great spin off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...