Hardware First 3DS game that recomend 3D OFF

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/face-kart-photo...o-be-turned-off

Unfortunatly, it doesn't say why. Anyone have any guesses? My thoughts are one of the following:

1 - The developers cannot get it to work as they want
2 - Maybe there's some sort of nausea effect when used with 3D when paired with a certain style of graphics?
3 - Since the game encourages motion controls, and the 3D effect is only visible when the 3DS stays still.... speaks for itself.

This of course raises another question:
Is the 3D effect programmed by the developers, or is the system itself the thing that produces all the 3D effect, ala Nvidia's 3d Vision on any PC game?

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
isn't cubic ninja and the namco game (if you use motion) the first 3d games with no 3d...

its most likely because motion+3d = a mess. steel divers use of motion and zeldas use of motion is different bc it expects you to move with the system. Nintendo needs to fix the viewing angle for 3d in their second revision if possible. -_-

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
phantastic91 said:
isn't cubic ninja and the namco game (if you use motion) the first 3d games with no 3d...

This would be the first devs to suggest turning 3D off. Cubic Ninja directly hasn't 3D and it was just people who tried it who said that motion controls ruin Monkey Ball's 3D

Edit: nvm, wasn't said by the devs so, yeah. Monkey Ball was the first.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Renegade Kid is a smart developer. They know this type of motion would throw the 3d out of wack. Im just glad to see them get an early title out. As time goes on its harder for an independent studio to get market attention. Easier when theres less big name competition and they deserve it.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
phantastic91 said:

This would be the first devs to suggest turning 3D off. Cubic Ninja directly hasn't 3D and it was just people who tried it who said that motion controls ruin Monkey Ball's 3D

Edit: nvm, wasn't said by the devs so, yeah. Monkey Ball was the first.

By the wording of the article, it REALLY sounds like the developers are recommending it.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like we need some gyroscope chairs so we can make motions but still stay in place for the 3D.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)