Firmware version problem

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ryuuzaki00, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Ryuuzaki00
    OP

Ryuuzaki00 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2017
    Morocco
    Hello,

I am sorry for posting this maybe it has been posted before but I searched a bit and everyone is talking about Luma and stuff and i'm a complete noob in it.

So I am installing Boot9Strap (Is it?) with the 3DS guide, and I am afraid that when I'll downgrade my 3DS firmware to 2.1.0 (Since it is needed to hack it) some games won't work (Pokemon Sun?).

Thank you so much and sorry again I am really bad at this.

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You should NOT be downgrading to 2.1!!!!!!

Are you following https://3ds.guide? If not, stop what you are doing right now before you brick your console.

Last edited by Quantumcat, Aug 9, 2017
    Zidapi likes this.
  3. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You don't downgrade your system at all during the boot9strap initial process. Please re-read 3ds.guide multiple times.

4. Ryuuzaki00
    OP

Ryuuzaki00 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2017
    Morocco
    Thank you, I just downloaded the .bin and .sha. I stopped actually thank you so much for a fast answer.

5. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    What guide were you using?

6. Ryuuzaki00
    OP

Ryuuzaki00 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2017
    Morocco
    I was like helping myself with an old French video it's the only clean video I found, sometimes looking at the site you gave. But now i'm restarting everything from scratch with just the site.

Quantumcat likes this.
  7. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Don't forget you can change the language to French - click the signpost icon in the top right.

8. Ryuuzaki00
    OP

Ryuuzaki00 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2017
    Morocco
    I actually got no problem with english I just found that the youtuber was pretty clean because I hate low quality videos and went with it. I was lazy to be honest but now I will do it all myself since I already could install Super Mario Bros 2 but then I couldn't install the other games (Ocarina of time etc..) with FBI so I searched for Freeshop, and it comes with 3DS guide right?

Quantumcat likes this.
  9. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    The guide doesn't tell you how to install it, but check the OP of the Noob Paradise thread because I added a mini guide to install freeShop there.

Ryuuzaki00 likes this.
  10. Ryuuzaki00
    OP

Ryuuzaki00 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2017
    Morocco
    Thank you alot for helping me, I will go check as soon as I finish the guide.

Quantumcat likes this.