Hacking Firmware Updating Help

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I am thinking about updating System Firmware on my hacked Switch, but have a few questions before proceeding. The main reason I want to update is for Mario 3D World, but am afraid to update as I am worried about losing access to gamecard slot. I only have SysNAND, and most of my games are on gamecards. Currently, my hacked Switch sits at System FW 10.2.0. Here are my questions:

- What is the required FW for Mario 3D World?
- How do I know what Sigpatches I need? How do I know if I have Fusee Primary or Secondary?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I am thinking about updating System Firmware on my hacked Switch, but have a few questions before proceeding. The main reason I want to update is for Mario 3D World, but am afraid to update as I am worried about losing access to gamecard slot. I only have SysNAND, and most of my games are on gamecards. Currently, my hacked Switch sits at System FW 10.2.0. Here are my questions:

- What is the required FW for Mario 3D World?
- How do I know what Sigpatches I need? How do I know if I have Fusee Primary or Secondary?

Any help greatly appreciated :)
I'm sure I've told you in the past to use the Switch Noobs Paradise for all of your questions.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
You need both Fusee Primary or Secondary.
You inject the primary one and that loads the secondary one from the SD card.
But if you just follow the update manual then there is nothing to worry about that.

About the game carts, it's just your choice to update the cart reader (nogc=0 setting).
If you have a very good reason to go back to a version below 9 then you might want to keep it disabled.
But everything is working fine on FW11 so I personally don't see any benefit of disabling the cart reader.

You always need the latest sigpatches.

I don't know what Mario 3D World needs, but just update to the latest firmware that the CFW (Atmosphere/SXOS) you want to use officially supports.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1