Hacking Firmware update question

Macche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi everyone, I want to ask a quick question to you. I have 2 switch, one is with fw 5.1.0, with sx os. the other one I kept with fw 3.0.1, waiting if some new hacks might come up. Now that fw 6.0 is coming, I am worried that I will not be able to upgrade from 3.0.1 to 5.1.0 anymore, if needed, because nintendo will force me to go to 6.0 directly.
Is there a way to upgrade to a specific fw (5.1.0 in this case), after 6.0 is out? If not, should I upgrade right now before 6.0 is out, or still wait and keep 3.0.1?
Thank you!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone, I want to ask a quick question to you. I have 2 switch, one is with fw 5.1.0, with sx os. the other one I kept with fw 3.0.1, waiting if some new hacks might come up. Now that fw 6.0 is coming, I am worried that I will not be able to upgrade from 3.0.1 to 5.1.0 anymore, if needed, because nintendo will force me to go to 6.0 directly.
Is there a way to upgrade to a specific fw (5.1.0 in this case), after 6.0 is out? If not, should I upgrade right now before 6.0 is out, or still wait and keep 3.0.1?
Thank you!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...ller-homebrew-for-the-nintendo-switch.513416/

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where you been?
Shitendo cant force you
You can go any firmware you want from 3.0.1 to 6.0.0 thanls to mister rajkosto and his program choidujour!!

paulzheng

Trophies
XP
Country
China
switch have efuse to prevent system version's degradation.
ofw 5.1.0 can be hacked completely. but tx os only support one device and can not working 2 different devices
so i suggest maintain present fw 3.0.1 is best because you have 2 consoles.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I would be very careful updating to Nintendo official 6.0 update when it’s dropped there is no reason why Nintendo would not go back and change code to block cfw again for all we know the 6.0 leak might of been done intentionally just so the likes of cfw “think” they have the upper hand on release, Nintendo are not that stupid they have had the update for weeks now over the leak they know very well the only people who will use the leak are hackers, it could of been changed knowing cfw has made changes to fix issues with 6.0! Your not supposed to go and use the leak to update your switch it’s not even been officially confirmed or activated they could of made changes since then and there is no reason why they can’t!

Last edited by Reecey,

kkcheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Better update officially now before 6.0.0 drop. Also don't forget to update for SD card too. The backup NAND. And go offline forever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse